1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

9th Regiment Death Hussars

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Another bust, and its a cracker, what a beautifully sculpted piece this is and an absolute joy to paint, please as usual your opinions are most welcome... :)

Dave

Attached Files:

2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Another couple of pics

Dave

Attached Files:

3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave, I like it a lot. The choice of base and placement of the nameplate just makes it that much nicer.(y)~Gary
  4. iceman Member

Great work Dave.

I like the base as well, very novelle.

Is this a young's bust?

It's work like this, that make me know I have a long way to go! Very inspirational.

Regards

Tim
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Have to echo the others, very unique for a bust. I really like the lace as well.
  6. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Dave,

i have never had anything to do with busts, but this one looks absolutly SUPER !!!

That is a really great paintjob and the presentation is absolutly awesome.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Keep up your good work !!

Cheers,
    Markus
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,
    a stunner! This is such a nice piece insn't it?!!! I have this one base coated and waiting for some oils to hit it as we speak. I have to admit, this is one of the CLEANEST sculpts I have EVER seen! I am spoiled for virtually all other pieces I look at becuase of it. I have my sights set on(its in my shopping cart at one of the online retailers) Ishii's Guards Jaeger from Taisho as well. I hope it as nice a piece as this one is. Really nice work!

I don't want to steal any thunder hear, but Tim, this bust is sold by Young, but it is sculpted by Hiroyuki Ishii.

Thanks for sharing Dave!

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful piece Dave.Great work!
  9. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the compliments, if any of guys has this in thier grey army (Jay), you realy must go ahead and paint it, its a beauty.

Hi Gary, more luck than judgement on the base really, it was my very last base and I was going to cut the top part off to give me a smooth top and add the pedestal, but the shape followed the bottom of the bust quite well, so I went with it

Hi Tim, yes its is produced by Younge Miniatures and as Jay says it is scuplted by Hiroyuki Ishii. You can buy it from Historex in the UK

Hi Jay, If you have the Guards Jaeger from Taisho, that is a must to paint, i have that one as well, very much the same face but a cracker to add to your collection.

Dave
  10. diosytexas Member

England
    hi dave. great work. well done. dave.
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Dave, good work, my compliments.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  12. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top stuff Dave, woudn't expect anything else mate. Are you bringing this one to Hornchurch so I can see it in the flesh? Hope so, it looks a real gem this one. ;)
  13. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work Dave. You really did pretty well with this excellent bust indeed. I really love your flesh tones.

Xenofon
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great painting Dave.
    All the colours are so clean and smooth.
    I just like it.

Marc
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Nice painting Dave. The presentation is awesome too!!

Stephen Mallia
  16. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Beautiful piece
    and very clean Paint.

MAB ;)
  17. Bill Mayo New Member

Beautifully done. The Thomas base sets it off in a dramatic fashion.
  18. Kyle Member

United-States
    Gorgeous. A real pleasure to view. Excellent job! I think the face is brilliant.

Cheers mate! :)
  19. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Dave, Roc, Stephen, Marc and Kyle, thanks very much for the compliments, they as always, very much appreciated... :)

Hi Anthony, Yes it will be at Hornchurch, I might bring along a few others as well... :)

Dave
  20. iceman Member

Hi Dave

Thanks for the response about the make of this figure, thought it was Young's. I have just got the Centurion bust, stunning sculpture and outstanding moulding!

I'll be at Hornchurch, but just the Sunday probably, it's quite a trek from Heathrow to do it 4 times over the weekend, plus the petrol (especially in my gas guzzler!)

Hopefully see you there, I should have some more done on my Le Cimier 180mm French Hussar see post

http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/index.p...t=0&#entry88557

What medium do you use?

Thanks

Tim