WIP 9th Lancers 1880 Afghanistan .

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tony Barton, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Tony Barton Active Member

United-States
    Almost finished this large 1/6th project now , after having him in my workshop for about a year .
    As always with these big figures, it goes along in fits and starts .
    Theres' a fair amount of research necessary , especially with items like the saddle ; but I finally found someone who owned an original 1856 Wood Arch saddle.
    Everything on the figure is removeable , and attached in the prototypical way , and the figure ( not alas the horse ! ) is completely reposeable .

[IMG]

I've also made him several uniforms, reflecting the wide climate shifts in the country :~

[IMG]

The horse came from my friend Luis Aguilar in Mexico, and is a hollow resin casting.

[IMG]
    raty, tbolt7, crf and 7 others like this.
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    I´m very impressed Tony. This work is really brilliant, all I see is perfect, the materials, cloth, hair of the horse, reins, saddle, spurs etc. I specially like the boots of the soldier wearing the undress uniform.(y)

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Obviously very well researched Tony to create a true miniature-Like Eduardo I really like the undress uniform and that saddle is superb-a real show piece!

Keith
  4. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    1000% AGREE WITH FRIEND!!!1

Alexandros(y)
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Awesome & Impressive work Tony (y)

Ray ;)
  6. Dr Force Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic work Tony, massive scale but put together perfectly(y)
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nice to see you here Tony. I have followed a lot of your posts on onesixscale and a lot of you stuff is very applicable to what a lot of modellers here do. Your stuff is great...particularly our WWI 1/6 work.

Cheers

Colin