1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

9th kentucky Infantry,Logan's Grays,Shiloh 1862.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by santi fernandez, Dec 13, 2020.

1. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    Good morning, these days I am working on this magnificent series of 1/16 busts from fer miniatures and from an era that I love.
    At the moment I am finishing the skin with an acrylic base coat and then finishing with oil.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Santi.
    MacCoy, PLG, Babelfish and 12 others like this.
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    This is coming on very nicely. Love these FeR 1/16 busts. Just prepping the Merrill’s Horse 2nd Missouri.
    Oda, Nap and santi fernandez like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Santi, like the flesh tones.
    Following.
    santi fernandez likes this.
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice. I'm currently working on their 11th MS bust
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Great start.on a great little bust.. The face looks excellent. I think this is the best of the civil war series so far from FER. I have most of them, but have only painted three so far.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Santi

Great to see you posting and a good choice from the FeR range , certainly popular from the replies here

As Bob says nice flesh

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
  7. OSS Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I love the face in oils what was your colour scheme ...........so Base coat acrylics ? then Thank you
    santi fernandez and Nap like this.
  8. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    Well for a while I work in the following way.
    Primer in black with citadel spray (black chaos), then with arograph I use the brown sand and base meat in equal parts of vallejo paints and let it dry for a day.
    The next step is the oils, my basic palette is flesh pink from the Daler rowney brand and Indian red, brown ocher and light ocher from the Rembrandt brand.
    My work is usually in the wet technique and blending in very thin layers, almost dotting with a fine brush (number 1) and blending with a flat brush (Number 6).
    I hope soon to be able to make a video and share it.
    Santi.
    Nap likes this.
  9. Cannonball A Fixture

Love the start so far santi. Great flesh tones.

Neal
  10. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  11. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    More advances.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    There is a bit of work left on straps and I would like to add a flag to complete the bust as it gives me a feeling of emptiness with just the bust.
    Santi.
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  12. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain