1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

9th Gate Miniatures (UK) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Rohmann, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    From "The 9th Gate" there is a patriotic overdose!

They bring not only the announced Churchill as a bust, but three THREE Churchill busts!

All three busts are in 1:14 scale resin, created after historical photos and were modeled by Robert Fontana.

The price of each bust is £ 25.00, plus shipping.

----------------------------------------------

Title: Veni
    Order number: WCB1
    [IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------

Title: Vidi
    Order number: WCB2

[IMG]

--------------------------------------------

Title: Vici
    Order number: WVB3

[IMG]

And if one Winston is not enough, he can buy all the busts together!

Title: Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Order number: WCB4
    Price: £ 70.00, all prices plus shipping

[IMG]

---------------------------------------------

And then we have twice the Queen in the change of times, also 1:14, Resin, each £ 25.00 and modeled by Robert Fontana ...:

Title: Coronation of Elizabeth II
    Order number: NQB2

[IMG]

Title: Old Queen Elizabeth II
    Order number: NQB1

[IMG]
    The Queen busts are limited

https://9gate-miniatures.com
    [IMG]
    Cheers
    marco55, DaddyO, Ferris and 2 others like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The Queen busts are well done, but I suspect they will have very limited appeal (the second one especially). I really can't see them being big sellers.

I like the Churchills, especially the Tommy gun-toting version. On the top-hatted version I can't decide whether having him "flipping the bird" was done deliberately for a touch of humour, or is an unfortunate mistake.

- Steve
  3. AJLaFleche Active Member

4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    All are superb. The Tommy gun picture went down a storm with the public.

Mike
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It went down a storm with the Germans as well, they used it to try and portray Churchill as a "gangster".

- Steve
  6. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
    Overall they look very good, but I question as to 1/14th scale? I guess you can make things any size, but considering the overall widespread production of 1/9-1/10 busts, and some 1/16th, 1/14th seems like an odd duck.
  7. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

I got a few of their other busts - pirates, sherlock and sidekick, poirot and sidekick. They are all roughly the same scale, but that is not an issue for me, because the subjects of the busts are sufficiently different from the rest of the market that they actually generate interest.

p.s. for all those busts I can only say that the likeliness to the characters depicted is almost uncanny
    DaddyO likes this.
  8. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Even I, who usually doesn't paint such things was tempted to buy the earlier set of 'Queens' (Cheers Kev) (y)

Beautifully cast and presented. I look froward to having a go at them soon (And looking at the subjects they are producing I suspect they won't be the last ones either)
    Cheers
    P
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great busts.
    Like them all

Marc