1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

95th Rifles Tunic - oil paints

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by stev1eran, Jul 30, 2005.

1. stev1eran Member

Having just started to paint using oils , I would be grateful if anyone out there can suggest what colours to mix to get the colour for the tunic of the95th Rifles.
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

Depends what you have Steve!

Ultramarine is a good base for mixing as it tends to dry nice and matt, try adding Yellow Ochre or something similar to make the green. If you want to make this a dirtied shade, as the dyed cloth was known to discolour easily, add in a little touch of Cad Red or for a darker, dirtier effect some Burnt Umber. Shade with black, highlight (keep these subtle) with a mix of white and Yellow Ochre.

Try that and see how you get on.

Einion
  3. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Steve I used Hooker's green with some shading and highlighting close to Eoinins suggestions. what 95th figure are you doing? I am currently having a crack at the Fort Duquesne 95th Bust.
  4. stev1eran Member

I'm using Verlinden's Private, 60th Foot in 120 mm, thanks for the suggestions I'll give it a go :)