1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

95th Rifles Bust By Stormtrooper

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

I just received my first figures from Stormtrooper, a new english figure company. The figure Im reviewing here is the 95th Rifles Officer 1809 Bust, kit # STQ2. It's sculpted by Stuart Hale and is cast in a nice light creamy colored resin. The bust comes in 5 parts, main body, left arm, right arm, hand and sword and finally the sword strap. The castings are very crisp and the detail is very good. The fit of the part is also good, with very little filler required (if any). Im excited about painting this one!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,

Thanks for the quick review. It looks like a very nice kit. Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Joe
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Forgot to mention that its a 120mm bust.
  4. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Looks very impressive and crisp. Can wait to see it with a coat of paint.

Please keep us updated.

Greetz,

Gino
  5. Richard E New Member

I also have this one, couldn't agree more a very nice kit, it's next on my list of painting that is "just for me" (although no doubt something else will take it's place soon ;) )
  6. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    Just one question Anders. Where there many bubbles on the bust surface?
    I am asking that because I bought one of Stormtroopers figures, the 54mm full version of the rifles officer, and there were hundreds of bubble holes all over it. :(
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Luis!

Not what I would consider many, there were about three that I had to fix, a couple on the coats collar edges and one on the lip. None of them were major. When I primed the bust though a lot of nasty tool marks showed up. Something that could have been easily prevented simply by some sanding and rubbing the master with steel wool (which I had to do to the figure after it was primed...). Other then that, great fit of parts and nice castings.