1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

91st Foot (Highlanders), South Africa 1846

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kisifer, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello all fellow figureres.

I'm presenting you my latest finished project. I really nice kit from Art Girona. That's the kit that i had problem with his pants that had a glossy effect. I tried to bring it down as much as i could (i will also try another thing), so here it is.
    Any comments and critics are more than welcome.

Front:
    [IMG]

Side:
    [IMG]

Back:
    [IMG]

Side:
    [IMG]

Groundwork:
    [IMG]
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dear Xenofon, really like this one. You skin tones are geat and I like you very crisp and accurate painting style. Look forward to seeing more stuff. I can see what you mean about the gloss problem, one that's had us all at one point I'm sure. What paints are you using?

regards
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for your comments Anthony. I use oils for painting. I hope that i can bring that glossy effect even more down. :)
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Xenenon, I agree with Anthony, good work, I like the the subject matter.

Cheers

Roc.
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Xenofon

I too paint in oils and what I do to get rid of gloss, is to put the paint straight onto a piece of paper from the tube. I then leave it for a few minutes to get any surplus oils to soak into the paper, I then transfer it to a pallette ot mix it etc. Many people have different methods and mine is is what works for me. Mostly...

cheers.....
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks for your comment Roc i really appreciate it.

Anthony i made myself a lightbulb box to bake the figure when i paint a part of it with oils. So far it seems to work good for me. That glossy effect took place when i applied a matt coat to get rid of a slight satin effect :)