1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

90mm Zulu Warrior

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Zulu Warrior
    90mm resin cast
    Sculpted by Alan Tan
    Painted by G. Baoluo
    Parts: 12

Since I first did a News Release last fall I have wanted to order this kit and finally have. It was well worth the wait. Not since Almond Miniatures Zulu have I seen a figure of a Zulu come close to its equal. Beautiful muscle sculpting and Monkey tail detail in Alan’s sculpting.

[IMG]

The kit comprises 12 parts with mold sprue to protect the delicate pieces durring shipping. The kit also come with a paint guide showing the front and back of the figure.

[IMG]

Here is the kit layed out with the head feathers in the bottom left corner protected on the mold sprue. The feathers have a real thin attachment that can be cut away with an xacto knife. Beautiful detail on all the parts with good clean attachment to the opposite surface.

[IMG]

Here is a close up of the body detail showing the muscle sculpting and facial detail.

[IMG]

Overall I was very pleased when this kit came to me with others and was the first one I opened. I also received Miniature Alliance’s Mongol Archer which will be another kit review.
  2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Guy

That kit looks cool, the sculpting looks really good, especially the muscle definition, love to see this one as you go sbs...

Dave
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Guy, great review, thanks for posting.
    Will you do a SBS ?

Cheers

Roc.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Dave & Roc,
    I will do an sbs after I finish up with some figures on the bench for other people I took on Commission.
  5. Brad S Member

Guy,

Nice looking figure. I almost bought this one last Winter. I was sooo very close to buying it, but decided on another. It looks beautiful. Will be nice to watch your sbs.

Brad Spelts
  6. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I got this one at Euro Militaire last September and it was a joy to paint - so much flesh !!! Cleaning up some of the parts proved to be a pain though.

You will enjoy it Guy