1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for November Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM November

90mm Lacrosse Players

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bluesking, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    When I made the 54mm diorama of Woodland Indians playing Lacrosse 2 years ago, I had orginially intended it to be a three figure vignette. I learned a lot from building it and in last few weeks decided to revisit it.
    The figures are 90mm using Lost Batalion 90mm mannequins and alternative Lost Battalion heads and hands. The remainder is Magic Sculpt.
    The whole vignette is attached to the base by one foot which I think gives it a feeling of action

Attached Files:

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen,
    what great fun this piece is!!!!! Superb action and a unique idea. Well done! I love the guy on the ground leaning into the two over the top as if to push them out of the play. One of your best pieces IMO. Well ballanced and the expressions on the faces are great! Keep it up mate!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Fabulous idea Stephen and the tension created by having two of the players in the air is perfect for the action. Very nice job. Can you shoot some more pics with detail?
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Stephen - This is marvelous! Two figures in the air and everything balanced on one foot of the third figure! Great action-filled vignette!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. whdamon New Member

United-States
    Stephen.........I have a special interest in the lacrosse piece as i did one up a couple years ago (photo on my blog site) and displayed it at MFCA. Certainly not suggesting you make any changes, but I received some very sincere constructive feedback that the game was normally played naked, certainly void of shoulder sacks and neck mounted knives. However I do love the action in the piece..........fine job
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stephen,
    Extremely well done, and a tremendous feel off action. Good work.
    Is it insprired by the music of Albert King ??? :D

Marc
  7. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Stephen,Great Idea and Great figures.You have captured the movement so well.Kind Regards John
  8. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Great

Hi Stephen
    A great model of a great idea,well done.
    Pete
  9. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Stephen
    Nice job me old mucker.Do you reckon an Irish hurling team could take them on?
    Brian
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Stephen. Love the action and movement you have created.
  11. Bruno New Member

Hi Stephen,

thank you very much for your information.

Your vignette is breathtaking, absoluly great !!!

The idea is outstanding and the sculpting and presentation is superb.

I love vignettes like your worke who shows the normal live of the Native American history and not only "war club swinging warriors". Your vignette represents the culture and heritage and tells a story, what should a figurine friend ask for more?

Many greatings from Germany

Bruno
  12. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Nice work, Stephen. Love the action. Painting is also very well done.
  13. Zlobov*S Active Member

Very unexpected theme and interesting - the mood and movement of players is perfectly transferred !
    Yours faithfully Stephen.
  14. neill Active Member

United-States
    Great piece! I played (not with the Native Americans, I'm not that old yet) and now I coach lacrosse at High School level. I always show my players the lacrosse scene from "last of teh Mochicans".

Nice Job in capturing the spirit of the game. And from the pictures your flow and anatomy look great.

Neill
  15. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you all for your kind comments, I appreciate them very much.
    I ideally would have the players near naked but my sculpting skills are not up to all that musculature. I included the knives and bag for a reason - when I exhibited my 54mm version I had to explain that they were wariors "on a day off" and Irish hurling players.
    From looking at the photos closely I see a few details that need my attention so I will post more detailed pics once these are dealt with.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments
  16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Good work, very original.

Cheers
    Roc