Completed 8th Cuirassier Regiment 1911

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ben-nl, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello,

I show you another painted bust of Michael Miniatures, the 8th Cuirassier Regiment Graf Gessler trooper parade and field dress, 1911.
    I hope you like it. I can tell you, the metals are very difficult to paint...

Ben

P1120094.JPG P1120093.JPG P1120095.JPG P1120091.JPG
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Very nice Ben and quite a coincidence as I'm also working on this one.

Roger.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Prachtig werk Ben.
    Kijk nog is goed naar de ogen. Ik zie er iets aan wat ik niet direkt onder woorden kan brengen. Goed te zien op de laatste foto.

Marc
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ben,
    I've just been viewing Roger's piece, you have done a very nice job on this one.
    cheers
    Richie
  5. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Ben ,

Nice work , I would shade the cuirass a bit more but thats my personal thoughts ...all that white as well ...nice one ....

Interesting to see how the same bust has turned out with 2 different painters .

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  6. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Roger, I wish succes with it. The matalwork is "terrible" to get it well...the quality of the bust very well, but to paint metal is evy time a challenge.
  7. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hallo Marc, ik weet wat je bedoel, de ogen zijn niet helemaal goed gemodelleerd en gewoonweg niet goed te krijgen (zelfs na 5 pogingen niet)...sorry.
  8. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Richie and Nap.
    The shades are in the bust, but not so good to get it on the photo, excuse for it. By the way, I don't like heavy shades...