8th Army figure WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Parkadge, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Parkadge Member

Ireland
    This is a WIP Airfix Multipose figure with a historex head and a preiser left arm, I'm adding putty and foil and might replace the buckles with etched brass. These were the first pack of figures I built and bought in the 70s and the results were thrown out long ago in a house clearance. This figure is, I hope, better than those lost pieces.
    The detail is very soft on the front of the figure and the grey plastic is very unforgiving.
    [IMG]
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    So far so good from I'm sitting, Pat. Look forward to seeing the finished result. ;)
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice start! Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thats a neat trick to correct the shorts.

Cheers
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    This is great Pat!
    Looking forward to see it painted!
    christos
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Ahh, memory lane. I bought some of these shortly after the Earth cooled. I remember I thought they were the catz meow. And back then I wasn't even doin' figures - airplanes mostly.

Great start Pat! I wouldn't have thought about using the foil for the trousers. Good idea! Looks like you'll have to do something to blend the tops of the trousers into the plastic ones. Personally I mostly don't like brass buckles and try to sculpt them when possible. I think they turn out better in putty. Probably you could find both pro and con opinions. I would separate the fingers in that right hand. It doesn't look too life-like.

All the best,
    Dan