1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 88th Regiment of Foot

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ChaosCossack, Apr 27, 2015.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    That's looking really cool Colin. Strangely enough I was going to start dabbling with some Victrix wargame figures and a vignette of Badajoz or Cuidad Rodrigo.

Colin t'other
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    So Huw, if I kept my mouth shut I might have gotten away with that blunder? Damn :shifty: I'm glad you like the groundwork, I wasn't entirely sold on it at first. I was hoping for some feedback, either way.

Thanx Colin, the Victrix are 54mm right? How do you find them? I've looked at them (I think) with dioramas in mind, thinking the plastic would make for easier converting... and cheap for large scale dios. Let me know

Colin
    Huw63 likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Victrix do 28's and 54's Colin. I am playing with the wee fellas. Probably won't come to anything but they do a nice multipose line.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    The multi pose are the 54s yes?
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice Colin. The arm hanging out of the rubble is a nice touch. ;)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Tony, I was feeling particularly ghoulish that day ;)

Colin
    Huw63 and tonydawe like this.
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Colin,
    Great work mate, I have always loved the pose of this figure and your groundwork is very fitting, nice touch with the arm sticking out of the rubble, gives it just another dimesion.(y)
    cheers
    Richie
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Richie. Benieto has a few figs with very dramatic poses. The arm in the rubble idea was nicked from them, a number of their vignettes have sculpted bases with partially buried casualties, and a few examples of dios in the books I've been perusing of late.

Colin
  9. Huw63 A Fixture

Be honest it's normal for you is it not?? :) And yes if you hadnt mentioned the name of the place I'd have missed it.:whistle:

Now a thought for you - to further show the danger in Badajoz a section of a Chevaux de Frise might be another idea... and maybe another part of a man draped over one end of this... err who's ghoulish now??? :wideyed:

Cheers

Huw
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I don't know about their 54's Colin. i assume they are grossed up 28's to be used for skirmish wargaming. Don't suppose they would rise to our hobby's standard but I honestly do not really know.

Colin
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    You're probably right Colin... I haven't seen any in the flesh. Who knows?

Now you are the ghoul Huw.... and now we're on the same page :sneaky:

Colin
  12. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    DSC01875.JPG Almost there...

The fig is about 90% done... obviously the hands and musket need to be done. Some touch ups are required on the fig and a ton of weathering. Lots of dust will be the order of the day I think.
    DSC01871.JPG DSC01872.JPG DSC01873.JPG DSC01874.JPG
    The ground work is pretty much complete... I need to touch up around the edge between the base and the ground. I will be adding a couple of bits... a musket butt or a broken/bent sword.
    DSC01876.JPG DSC01877.JPG

DSC01878.JPG DSC01879.JPG DSC01880.JPG DSC01881.JPG DSC01882.JPG DSC01883.JPG
    Thoughts?

Colin
    Huw63, Richie, Viking Bob and 4 others like this.
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Really nicely staged Colin. Amazing how you get a single figure to tell a story that would be apparent to those who now nothing of the history.

Colin
  14. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx my brother, that is indeed high praise :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I think that part of it is as big as actual painting technique. A beautifully painted fig leaning on his rifle, standing on a patch of flat grass doesn't have the same impact as a fig "in the middle of it". Zeno, as an example, has both parts in spades and his stuff shows it. That's what I'm aiming for. One day.

Colin
  15. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Colin,
    I missed a few posts on this piece. Great work Bro.
    The new touches on the painting have really transformed the figure and the groundwork and presentation are the icing on the cake.
    Well done you,
    Keith
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  16. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Keith, your support is always appreciated.

Colin
    Wings5797 likes this.
  17. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking good, nice touch that arm. The figure has just the right pose for the basework.
    Excellent.
    Bob (y)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  18. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    My pleasure Mate.
    From my point of view this project marks a huge step forward in your painting and presentation skills. Just keep on the way you are picking up tips and tricks here and there to add to your portfolio.
    You are really doing well Brother.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    as usual, great groundworks my friend, the color of the uniform looks dead on., and I agree with keith, you getting better and better.

cheers
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  20. Huw63 A Fixture

Hi Colin

Looking really good. Like the arm sticking out - nice and ghoulish!

Cheers

Huw
    ChaosCossack likes this.