1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 80th Staff's Regt (Zulu war)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by blabsy, Apr 5, 2011.

1. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    just tiny update after all this is a work in prog!
    Crawling slowly to the end game,ribbons on the glengary,buckles on the braces, minnor details, needing a darn good clean and tidy up of imperfections.
    As always thanks' for looking
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com

Attached Files:

Richie and billyturnip like this.
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul,
    looking good, it really does capture that Victorian look. My effort is progressing slowly, as i have another two sculpts on the boil!! I need another trip to Whittington Barracks to check on some details!!
    will post pics when it advances.
    the offer of help with casting still stands!!
    cheers,
    Steve(y)
  3. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    I'm glad your project is still moving on,I look forward to your posts,I've not tempted to sculpt a bust with an arm/hand as of yet,looks to be bit of a trend at the moment.
    I'll know more about casting tomorrow,head on/head off,costs and all that stuff.
    Thanks' again for the offer,its nice to have options;)
    Thanks' for posting.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  4. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,
    the answer to the last post is head off realy,it makes more sense for casting and more importantly the painter!
    Ho! after making a new coller post decapitation and squared off the neck I added detail to the cap badge,still have fair bit to do,will update as I go;)
    Best Regards
    Paul

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul,
    Getting better and better keep pushing mate, this is going to be a great bust when finished.:)
    cheers
    Richie
  6. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Richie,
    your very kind matey;)
    Thanks for posting.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  7. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,
    just a wee up date on this bust,I now have castings.....I had these done by Mark Day of Sovereign2000,they have come out spot on.
    As always thanks for looking.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com CIMG2433.JPG CIMG2436.JPG
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul,
    Bravo mate, looks stunning.
    cheers
    Richie
  9. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Richie,
    and cheers matey,it was cracking to see the first casting from Mark,he is very good at what he does,I have another bust with him at mo,I've completed one of these,and will post pictures soon.
    Thanks' for posting.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1@blueyonder.co.uk
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul
    That looks very nice indeed, the Scottish face is spot on. (y)
  11. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done, you've caught the essence of the man. I'd love to see this as a half/full figure.

Mike
  12. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Ron your very kind.

Mike, thanks' very much,I originally had the idea of one brace on the shoulder and one hanging,with the shoulders in the position for holding a rifle,with the bust forward leaning,a suggestion of movement,this would of been more or less a half figure,there is always the temptation to sculpt a full figure with this pose in mind,but at the moment that would only be in 70mm.
    I am working on a couple of 70mm figs at present both Crimean war,my hands are quicker with the putty than the camerao_O
    This is bust No3 I've managed to finish two more to complete,a case of watch this space,as they will be available:)
    As always thanks' for looking and posting.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  13. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Look forward to the releases Paul.

That is a nice perch you caught.
  14. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Paul This has come out very well. I like the face, full of character. Is it going to John?
  15. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul great sculpting of the face , very victorian looking . The finished casting has come out really well and looks like marble, almost a shame to paint it. Good luck with this and I'm sure it'll do well. (y)

Cheers Ken
  16. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Finished bust looks great Paul, castings came out very nice, its always great to see the first castings from the master, I get excited every time :)

Steve
  17. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron and thanks' your very kind!!
    " That is a nice perch you caught." I wet a line tomorrow (Monday),on my club stretch of the River Medway at Fordcome last chance before the end of season:( are you noble worm drown-er?

Hi Rob,
    cheers for the kindness,in time it will be through me,not John.
    There is more to come,but not posted yet:)

Hi Ken,
    thanks mate too kind,
    Mark Day of Sovereign 2000 manages to surpass any expectation's I ever had for a casting of mine,I am more than happy, down side I need to up my game as a sculptor ,he's high quality workmanship shows up my misgivings, more restless nightso_O

Hi Steve,
    cheers mate,I confess I did get palpitation's when I went over pick it up, heady times! well for me (y)

Thanks' all for posting and your kindness.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Fantastoc outcome Paul, you must be pleased with the casting. It looks very smooth and crisp.
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paul ,
    Followed this thread with interest , the ups and downs you have had , great to see it come through to the finish , a really nice result and oh so victorian ......

Casting looks like it has come out really well ..quite right to be pleased .

Looking forward to seeing the next posts you do with info on the other busts

Website looks good as well

Nap
  20. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony,
    and cheers matey,chuffed with the castings, Mark knows his beans,too good it shows my flaws as a sculptoro_O

Hi Kevin,
    I'll post the painted version soon,next at Mark's is the Royal Naval Boatswain 1854 I'll post on that thread.
    and as always thanks' all for posting and looking
    Best Regards
    Paul