1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

80th Anniversary Dunkirk. 120mm BEF 1940 - Maurice Corry

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Grod, May 24, 2020.

1. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks

This week marks the 80th anniversary of the Dunkirk evacuation. To commemorate this Moz Corry has sculpted a resin 120mm model kit representing a british soldier of the British Expeditionary Force on the beach looking skyward toward attacking luftwaffe aircraft.

Price is £35.00
    Free shipping to UK
    £8.00 overseas

To order please email only to gordonmi@hotmail.com

Cheers
    Gordon

P4300001.JPG P4300002.JPG P4300003.JPG P4300005.JPG P4300007.JPG P4300009.JPG P4300010.JPG P4300018.JPG P4300019.JPG P5220002.JPG P5220003.JPG P5220004.JPG P5220006.JPG
    Woods457, Tom W., Martin64 and 15 others like this.
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Grod and captnenglish like this.
  3. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    That’s a lovely tribute to the BEF and other heroes of Dunkirk. Well done!

Kurt
    Grod likes this.
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Outstanding and fitting tribute
    Grod likes this.
  5. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    My father-in-law was in the BEF in France in 1940, he was an MP in the HQ Provost Company of the 44th Division. Spent a lot of time on a motorbike delivering orders, etc and had to make one hair-raising escape when he took a wrong turning and almost ran into the enemy. He was evacuated from Bray Dunes after spending many hours standing in the water waiting.
    Tom W. and Grod like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Gordon

A fitting tribute to bravery beyond , good face on it , looking upwards towards the sky

Good to see the close up of the resin as well

Thanks for sharing

Stay safe

Nap
    Grod likes this.
  7. Billy Dickinson PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    5F3B292A-0DBD-427B-AD16-296B1AD2E8E3.jpeg My uncle Dick, driver with RASC, killed in retreat through Belgium aged 22. Pre War he was a pilot with RAF. Thrown out for fighting I believe, and was due to rejoin RAF on his return.

Billy
    Tom W. and Grod like this.
  8. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Nice figure.

I have always thought it was unfair that the BEF in France 1940 were never awarded a campaign medal. The France and Germany Star only being awarded to those who fought there from 6 June 44 to 8 May 45. They certainly deserved it, and fought well.
    Billy Dickinson and Grod like this.
  9. Sgt. Red Active Member

Lovely figure. I wonder why there are so few british big scale figs on the market?
    Grod likes this.
  10. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The 51st Highland Division were left to hold the line in order to let the BEF escape. Bizarrely, after Dunkirk, troops were then sent back to France!

Mike
    Grod likes this.
  11. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Apparently because they don't sell. Models of Nazi and SS figures however fly off the shelves...................

Mike
    Grod, Helm and valiant like this.
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    This.
    Steve
  13. Outstanding, make me want to watch the movie tonight!
  14. Cannonball A Fixture

Another super looking piece Gordon, can’t keep up at the moment. Love the pose.

Neal
    Grod likes this.