1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

7th Light Horse 1918

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Macca G, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Trooper 7th Light Horse Regiment 1918.
    Sculpted by Chris Sorby, soon to be released through Eclectic Miniatures
    Based on a line sketch by war artist George Lambert.
    Painted in acrylics
    DSCN8830 (2).JPG DSCN8831 (2).JPG DSCN8832 (2).JPG DSCN8833 (2).JPG DSCN8834 (2).JPG DSCN8841 (2).JPG
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Stoffy did super sculpt for Chris Macca!
    Thanks for sharing & liking your style in this one for sure.
    You’ve given him a look of a real veteran, seen it all & not to be messed with.
    MikeTheKiwi
    winfield, Nap, stoffy01 and 2 others like this.
  3. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Excellent work!

Scott
    winfield and Macca G like this.
  4. Gooner Mike Active Member

Beautiful work
  5. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work

Mobo
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Definitely echo Mike’s comments…
    Macca G likes this.
  7. PropBlast Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Does Eclectic Miniatures have a website yet?
  8. Chris Mills PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi all and many thanks to Macca for his lovely post and the positive reviews!

I’m the owner of Eclectic Miniatures which is a new and very modest endeavour aimed at creating some unusual or neglected subjects.

I’ve been in this hobby most of my life and thought why not have some fun and work with very talented people to create something different that others might also enjoy painting as much as I do?

Currently there are 2 releases, the ALH trooper bust pictured here and a WW2 US Marine 90mm figure. Both are sculpted by the very talented Chris Sorby of Ybrossculpts.

A third release is planned, also an ALH WWI subject but this time a dismounted officer and is a 90mm figure.

I must confess a special interest in the Light Horse. My Grandfather served in the NSW regiment during the Great War in Palestine before transferring to the artillery and serving as an officer in France and Belgium.

I’m still getting packaging, etc organised but if your interested please feel free to contact me on my email:

chris.mills@y7mail.com

Thanks again to everyone for their interest and also a special thanks to Mike “The Kiwi” Butler for his assistance and advice on the uniform of the ALH bust!

Chris
    Mike - The Kiwi, Nap, Macca G and 3 others like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Macca

So much character and he looks a tough guy , love the facial features sculpted and all so well brought out by your artwork

Hope we see a supplier this side of the world for this and all from Eclectic Miniatures ...look forward to seeing more from them as well

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    stoffy01 likes this.
  10. Chris Mills PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Nap

I actually live in France!

Postage to the UK is not as cheap as it once was but thankfully not as extortionate as it is to the US!

I’ll post some pictures of the Marine shortly. It’s also a subject very close to my heart as my Father was in the Second Marine Division and fought in Saipan and Okinawa. He remained a very proud Marine all his life. I learnt very early in life there is a very big difference between the army and the Marine Corps!

Best regards and thanks for your post.

Chris
    Nap, Mike - The Kiwi and PropBlast like this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England

Look forward to seeing the pics Chris , the ALH are full of characters , tough hardened soldiers and the sculpt certainly brings this out

Look forward to seeing more

Nap
    Macca G likes this.
  12. Cannonball A Fixture

Lovely work all round on this Macca and a great release.

Neal
    Macca G likes this.
  13. dave mosher Active Member

Very nice!
    Macca G likes this.
  14. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    superb
    Macca G likes this.
  15. Chris Mills PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Morning/Evening fellow modellers!
    I’ve finally sorted myself out and just wanted to let those of you who were interested and following this thread that this ALH bust of Trooper Wright is now available from me for £32 or €35 (plus postage).
    My email is eclecticminiatures@gmail.com or you can contact me via PM. I’m very happy to take PayPal!
    I’ll make an formal announcement on the PF web page shortly. FYI I’ve only cast limited numbers of this one (a few are already gone) so if your interested please let me know!
    I’ll be following this up with a 90mm USMC from WW2.
    Kindest regards to you all and wishing everyone a happy and safe 2023,
    Chris
    stoffy01, Macca G and PropBlast like this.