1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

7th Hussards

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Joe Hudson, May 25, 2004.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys,

On my surfing efforts, I again found another pretty cool site. :) This one is of the 7th Hussards. It has links to other sites that are pretty cool themeselves. http://www.7ehussards.org/

Joe
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Joe, I added that to my ever growing list of bookmarks.
  3. kidney stone kid New Member

Thanks Joe, I also have added it to the bookmarks. Whenever I see the 7th, I automatically think of "The Duellists" w/ Harvey Keitel and David Caradine.
  4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    No problem. I have it bookmarked myself. :)

Jim,

I had never heard of that movie until last year when my good friend lent me the DVD. I must say that I really enjoyed it and may have to add that one to my collection.

Joe
  5. kidney stone kid New Member

Joe, I also had never heard of it till last year. Gotta agree, it's a must have.

He DID take a chunk out of Caradine's shoulder, didn't he? :eek:

Appearantly, that was one of Riddley Scott's(Alien) first flix. it's regarded as the end all in Napper uniform reference.
  6. Automata Member

United-States
    That's one of my alltime favorite movies. I waited for years for it to come out on DVD. I think it was Ridley Scott's very first feature length film after a career making TV commercials.

The movie would be great even without the Hussar uniforms, but it does give you a feel for how they probably carried themselves wearing all that strange stuff.

Barry