1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm Swiss Marine battle of Trafalgar TFB Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Steve headley, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi all here is a preview of our next 75mm figure. It’s a Swiss marine from the battle of Trafalgar. It was sculpted by our good friend Adam McMaster. Will keep you updated on a release date.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team CF4868D8-F3CA-4325-8A23-1B99E16EAB62.jpeg DBFAFFFE-773F-4089-BF38-34F180B622AF.jpeg 0B6F067E-FB3D-4C78-8526-9076E9185B50.jpeg 6FE379C7-7CBF-4E49-BEF7-3798D6FC1F7D.jpeg
  2. Sergei Active Member

United-States
    If there are Swiss marines, there might be a Swiss sea somewhere. Seriously speaking, great project.
    Blind Pew and Steve headley like this.
  3. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looking fantastic!!!
    Steve headley likes this.
  4. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Dynamic pose!!
  5. Steve headley A Fixture

Thanks Todd glad you like it, yer unusual to have a marine with no sea lol but they do have a few lakes.

Thanks Jimmy we think the pose works very well. We loved the art work it was based on and though it would be a great subject to do.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    Blind Pew and Nap like this.
  6. Merryweather A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love that!
  7. Merryweather A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love that!
    Sorry double post don't know how I managed that
  8. Steve headley A Fixture

Thank you merry weather

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
  9. clubcat PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Intriguing subject, well executed. Were they actually marines or just sea soldiers? In what sort of quantity did they serve? I'm going to have to do some research now....
    Steve headley and Nap like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Good sculpt from Adam there

Knew the Spanish were there but never realised the Swiss were involved

Do like the pose on him , will you include the basework as well when cast ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  11. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi Clubcat they were Called Marines they served on the french ships from what I’ve read. It’s very unusual I know but it works so well we think.

Nap yes the base does come with it you can have fun adding to the base maybe some block and tackle or Ropes just a thought

Thank you guys

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    Nap likes this.
  12. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is a superb figure. I've said for a long time that naval subjects are criminally neglected in modelling.

Yep, I had to look it up, today there are several landlocked countries that operate navies, albeit tiny ones...
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  14. Cannonball A Fixture

Really interesting subject choice and brings something slightly different subject wise to the market, particularly with the addition of the deck area.

Neal
  15. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi all just a bit of history about the Swiss Marines.

They started out as the 1st Demi-Brigade, the brigade spent a lot of time on the Atlantic coast before several of thier companies were pressed in to service as Marines. They served on board the following Ships Algeciras and Achilles. They first sailed to the Caribbean where they garrisoned Guadeloupe. Then they returned to Europe to take part in the Battle of Trafalgar

They later were amalgamated into the Grenadier, 1st Swiss Reg.

Hope that helps it’s all we could find on them below are the books we got the info from

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team

F1411367-AD41-468A-947A-FA836AEEE32A.jpeg 33606A90-23F3-4DC7-8FF9-8762A6A1FBFD.jpeg
    Nap likes this.
  16. Bundook Active Member

Scotland
    What's he supposed to be climbing over?
  17. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi Bundook he is climbing over a part of a mast and before anything more is said the up right can be taken away and the horizontal part he is climbing over can be propped up by bits of debris if you so wish. It's based on some art work hope that helps.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    Nap likes this.
  18. Bundook Active Member

Scotland

OK, a fallen spar would make sense. Plenty of those around at Trafalgar. The wooden thing in the photos is a placeholder for something more realistic, I take it.
  19. Steve headley A Fixture

The place holder is there in case you wish to fit something different at the moment we are working on other things will keep people posted.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    Bundook and Nap like this.
  20. oierlings Active Member

Switzerland
    Being Swiss, I can confirm, that we have Marines on the Bodensee und Vierwaldstätter-See. Very small just 1 or 2 Boats per lake. However, we do have commercial ships sailing the seven seas under Swiss Flag. Our current ranking is 76. Slot, however, there's more "Swiss" Ships than Ireland, Poland or Israel. We're just one place behind Australia :)