1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm Russian Officer 1914 from TFB Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Steve headley, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi all TFB Miniatures are pleased to announce the release of the Russian Officer WW1. This is the second release from our Classic Fortes range that we are now producing.

He is on the web site now as a pre order we will be shipping them over the weekend British post allowing.

You can order through the website on www.tfbminiatures.co.uk

The next one will be the German Officer WW1

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team

64193848-5147-4877-B466-5700D59E8656.jpeg

D029A815-7E84-42B8-B5DE-3D4D7DFBAD63.jpeg EF82A59A-0484-4EDD-884A-8FA15A4C4D26.jpeg 11328F6F-F607-49DD-8295-E54419EBA3BA.jpeg FB0FB422-DDB3-428E-ABAD-56CAEE088265.jpeg A280B808-1B4E-4587-80AC-40E288FF4FFE.jpeg
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    The template is this illustration from the Osprey "Men at Arms" volume no. 364 "The Russian Army 1914–18"...:

[IMG]

The illustration was created from a photo and shows the Podpolkovnik (lieutenant colonel) and deputy regiment commander of the 94th Jenesej Infantry Regiment, Leonid Nikolayevich Bunin.

What's interesting about the picture is that it doesn't show him "in action", but immediately after the surrender of the rest of his troops!

Here are more pictures from the series - including those showing Russian officers who had not yet been "filted" by the Germans, i.e. robbed of their medals, effects and equipment...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Jeneseyer (garrison Pskov)...

Uniform details...:

[IMG]

Regimental badge.:

[IMG]

... got into the pocket of Tannenberg as part of the 24th Russian Infantry Division of the Nyemen Army of General Alexander Wassiljewitsch Samsonow as part of the 1st Army Corps under General Artamonov, suffered heavy losses in a battle near the town of Usdau ( 40 percent of the stock!) and finally surrendered in a hopeless situation, along with over 95,000 other Russians.

Only 10,000 men managed to escape from the pocket - more than 30,000 dead Russian soldiers lay in the forests around the Masurian Lakes...

And another note:

The Podpolkownik is also available as a 1:9 bust from "Model Cellar" ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

... and of "Saint Petersburg" as a (painted) 54 figure...:

[IMG]

Oh yes, the order still: it is the 3rd class of the Russian order Order of Saint Anne with Swords (for military merits)...

[IMG]

... in the version with a second - transverse - band, which indicates a second award of the same order to the same person...:

[IMG]

(The rigid rank system in force in tsarist Russia made it impossible to give him the next higher 2nd class...

[IMG]

... that was only possible from Polkownik (Colonel) upwards...)

Cheers
    winfield, Nap, Blind Pew and 2 others like this.
  3. ModelCellar A Fixture

Martin,
    The bust is from us (Model Cellar) not Last Battalion.
    Paul
    Nap, Martin Antonenko and Babelfish like this.
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Corrected! Thx!
    Nap likes this.
  5. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    If only in 54 mm
    winfield likes this.
  6. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi all thank you for the posts, Martin the info you posted was very interesting indeed. Yes the figure was based on the osprey plate. Diego did a great job on him.

Martin sorry it’s not 54mm but it’s a very very nice 75mm if you ever fancy upscaling.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    winfield and Jaybo like this.
  7. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice piece...
  8. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's a super figure. I've no doubt we'll be seeing a few examples on the competition tables.
    Ordered it just now. It's so good, I couldn't 'not get it.'
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

It's good this is available again , a nice figure , good natural pose

Look forward to seeing versions ....BIG HINT to Blind Pew ...lol

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Blind Pew likes this.
  10. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi Anthony your order will be with you shortly. We are just waiting for the courier to deliver. They are cast up by our good friend Juan Mcone in Spain they are due Friday/Saturday and will be shipped out first class. So you don’t have long to wait. Your going to love it.

Thank you again.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
  11. Chris Mills PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Perfect timing Steve!

I picked up this figure a while ago at one of the shows and was just starting researching the uniform when this popped out of the ether; so thanks guys!!

Seriously, I have to say IMHO this one the pick of their WW1 range. Absolutely outstanding in every detail. You won’t be disappointed adding this to your collection.

Look forward to the release of the German Officer!

Chris
    Nap likes this.
  12. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi Chris thanks for the kind words, it is a very nice figure and one we know needed bringing back. The German Officer will be out soon another great figure from Diego.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
  13. svt A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    If you paint, remember that his greatcoat should not be blue. The greatcoat was made of undyed and unbleached wool, which is why it had various shades of gray, gray-beige, gray-brown, but not blue.
    akaryu, Nap and Blind Pew like this.
  14. Chris Mills PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thanks SVT! I was wondering about that actually; it’s quite an odd colour. The uniform shade of khaki is also a bit different from the other armies although of course there would have been a HUGE variety of shades.

I say again - it’s just a superb figure!

Chris
    Nap and svt like this.
  15. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi svt
    thank you for your input. The art work we are working with was from the original box art for Fortes Miniatures. Diego is going to do a step by step new box art for us over on the TFB Miniatures Face book page. Were we have our resident box artist do step by step works.

I will let people know when this is taking place and I’m sure the coat colour will be different. At the end of the day we will leave it to the customer to choose the colour they wish to do it. We think the colour is close to the osprey plate. What ever it’s a great paint job and sets the figure if very well indeed

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    svt and Nap like this.
  16. svt A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Yes, I realized that the original color with a bluish tinge was taken from the osprey plate. Just gave information for those who will be painting in the future. )
    Nap and akaryu like this.