1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm Officer 17th Lancers 1854 - RDG Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by RDG Miniatures, Sep 20, 2018.

1. RDG Miniatures Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks

Available at EME on Saturday and on general release soon is this 75mm kit sculpted by Carl Reid and part of the 5 x figure diorama depicting the charge of the 17th Lancers at Balaclava during the Crimean War.

Other sinle figures from the group will also be made available later.

Show price for this mounted figure is £50.00
    I only have a few so first come first served.
    I look forward to seeing you at the RDG/MMM stand on Saturday.

Cheers
    Gordon

Attached Files:

Blind Pew, Sylvanus, MCPWilk and 6 others like this.
  2. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    Amazing sense of movement caught in this sculpture by Carl.

Mark
    Grod likes this.
  3. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Gordon, just to be sure, the troopers will also be avaliable, right?

If so, I will wait.
    Grod likes this.
  4. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fo
    Filipe
    All 5 will be available separately.
    Cheers
    Gordon
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another amazing sculpt.

Marc
    Grod likes this.
  6. Sylvanus Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I live neat Tapeley Park,near Instow North Devon.(UK). It was the home of the Cleveland Family whose only son served as a Cornet in the 17th Lancers at Balaclava. He was one of only 3 Officers who survived the chage, only to be called days later by a stray Russian Artillery Shell, while waiting to see whether their remnants would be called into battle once more. There are many memorials to him in the area placed by his grieving mother. Now owned b by the Christie Family Trust (as is Glyndebourne) the Estate is open to the public and there is a small museum which features much in relation to Balaclava. I wasted posted to the area in the Army over 50 years ago and still live here. I enlisted in the 17/21st Lancers for basic training at Catterick, before going to RMAS and commissioning into the RASC. No money or connections I was never going to get a commission in the Cavalry in 1956. A member of BMSS and figure collector since age 12! I have most of the figures which are connected with the the 17th. I first found an interest the the 17th through Britains Toy soldiers and have kept it to this day. The Deaths Head Motto still features in the one remaining Regiment, The Queens Royal Lancers. Last of the British Lancers through amalgamation since 1922. North Devon and Tapeley worth a visit if one is in the area! I look forward to seeing these figures .. even at my age!
    Tom W. likes this.
  7. Sylvanus Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Apologies for spelling mistakes. The figures on my Logo are 3 x Cold Cast Bronze by Peter Hicks ca 200 mm tall , an Army Air Corps Pilot ( was one!) (exiting left), Royal Wagon Train, and Army Service Corps. Military Train post Crimea was in fact largely recruited from the Cavalry and VCs were won by these veterans in India and New Zealand. In my time we still wore Mess Kit overalls with spurs and the same double white stripe as the 17/21st. All RASC Officers spent every morning at our Buller Barracks Riding School in old Aldershot. Part of our remit was learning about our Animal Transport element which survived in Hong Kong to which one of our number was duly posted! Enough already! Wait for the Wagon!
    Tom W. likes this.