1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 75mm Mounted Dragoon Kettledrummer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Blind Pew, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey guys, this is a project I've had on the backburner for (literally) years. This is something new for me as I've never before posted such 'in-progress' shots.

I got the Pegaso Mounted Red Lancer in 75mm and just didn't like it, it was surprised that some of the casting was not 'Pegaso' standard.

Thus I had the big idea of converting the piece into a mounted dragoon kettledrummer, another favourite.

I took a spare head, the arms of the lancer and a sculpted the rest myself. The kettledrums are both scratch built, as is the sword.

Any suggestions, questions etc are all most welcome

100_5345.JPG

100_5342.JPG 100_5340.JPG

100_5336.JPG 100_5339.JPG
    KenBoyle, debrito, Martin64 and 11 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi BP

Great to see you doing a SBS and a good subject , the work on the drums looks good

I am no sculptor for sure but I woukd smooth out the folds a little on the clothing

The sword is coming along are you adding the rings ?

Personally Inthink it will come together more once a primer is on , this will highlight areas a needing a look at

Have you got a main reference ?

Just my thoughts

Look forward to more from you on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Blind Pew likes this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Wow, some very nice sculpted detail. Totally different from what it started out as. Following sat next to Nap.
    Blind Pew likes this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love the concept and work so far BP :)
    Keep it up
    Paul
    Blind Pew and Viking Bob like this.
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the kind words guys, yes, there is still some way to go. I felt I needed some second pairs of eyes on it, if that makes sense.

I'll take on board everything and take it from here... (y)
  6. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    A great conversion! Looking forward to more. ;)(y)

Cheers,
    Ken