1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm Mountain Man

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys,

Here is a figure Ive been working on the past week. Its a 75mm Mountain Man, ca 1830-40. He wears a Capote, which is a wool jacket made from trade blankets. On his head is two options, one being a french style knitted kap, and the other is a wheel hat. Both were very common for Mountain Men. Despite common beleif they didnt all wear furs and buckskinns, although many changed into this type of clothing as it was easily accessible from trading with the natives after their clothing wore out. He is wearing either buckskin or wool pants, I may still add some fringe to the pants.

The sculpt is about 80% finished at this stage, still left to do is some detail work on the belt, moccasins, knife sheath, buttons on coat, refining of the facial features, especially the eyes, and some other things. Its getting there though.

Comments welcome like always.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Very, very nice, Anders. Great pose! The addition of a wheel cap is cool too.

Jason
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful clean sculpt indeed. I really like the pose as well. Is that a commercial piece Anders?

Xenofon
  4. conny Active Member

Germany
    Hello Anders,
    verry nice (y)
    Cheers
    Conny
  5. Halo there

I like the piece ... it is a welcome from the stereo type racoon hatted crocket style blocks ;) ... coming out great and a nice palette to elaborate some paintwork on ... my querry is the fringe on the musket cover is a bit to 'gone with the wind' IMO ... I presume this things are a bit heavy in leather ... but still a great pice yankee! :)

Ivan
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

As of now its up in the air if its going commercial or not. We will see how it turns out.

This is a figure I have been wanting to do for a while. The very first 120mm figure I made was a Mountain Man, Guy painted it up some years ago.

Here is a picture of it and hopefully you can see some progress :)

Attached Files:

7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Ivan,

Yes indeed the fringe is a little wild, but thats the good thing with leadfoil...it can be moved into desired position!

I too wanted to get away from the buckskinn and fur look :)
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders, great job. I like the natural relaxed pose

Stephen Mallia
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Anders. Hopefully he will go commercial for you as well. Would like to see this one available.
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Anders! One of your best sculpts to date I think. I know Guy is salivating right now.....

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    A really nice sculpt and different.
    Cheers
    John
  12. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    amazing work Anderz

ER
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

I hope to have him finished soon. When I do I will post more pictures.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks great Anders,

The first civilian out of your hands?? At least for my eyes.
    Who is gonna cast him, and don't tell me it is a one off. :(

Marc
  15. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work Anders,looks really good!
    best regards
    christos
  16. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hye Anders are you keeping your older stuff as a reference to how much better your'e getting? This latest figure is some great work. Keep up this fantastic stuff!!!!
  17. renarts Active Member

United-States
    This is really comming along nicely Anders. I can't wait to see how you paint the bead work on the possibles bag.
    I'm torn between the touqe and the campaign hat though. Both look really good on the figure. But I suppose the touqe really keeps that cold weather feel to go with the capote.

regards
    Mike
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys :)

He is comming along, just about finished now!

I too cant wait to paint it, I think it will be great fun. As far as keeping all my old stuff, I have a few but not all, but I do have pictures of everything, so it is fun to see how you have evolved over the years.
  19. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Ahhh I like that theme.