1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm French mounted legion in Mexico 1866

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ellie, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    legionmexico.jpg Hi All this is the first piece that I have put on here as something I'm working on. this piece I had commissioned form Adam Mac masters he is a one off, (Thanks mate you did a great job) . so I'm just getting it ready for paint. all cleaned up and ready for primer. I hope to have him finished for the White Rose Xmas show. he is 75mm the horse is one I got from Steve Crisp at darkstar miniatures ( Thanks Mate). all the equipment and figure are scratch built. I will be taking him to the club tomorrow.

I know not the best photo but hope you get the idea of what he will look like when finished the other hand is attached to the rains which will be added later. let me know what you think.

Cheers

Ian legionmexico.jpg
  2. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Hi Ian
    The photos are too small to appreciate the work. Guess I will have to wait for tomorrow's White Rose club meet.
    Take care mate.
    Peter.
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    hi Pete
    being try to get the photo bigger I took it on my iPhone so trying to work it out modern tech. you will see it tomorrow in the flesh mate.

cheers

ian
  4. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Is this to go commercial?, it does look like it will be a nice piece but, photos a tad to small.

regards Zane
  5. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Hi Ian, thanks for the photo, hope it will be a commercial one.
    What's strange is that it is an Englishman ( In leeds- and not in N.Y:rolleyes:) how propose figures of this period, II° Empire.
    Quite no figures from Italy, italian have forgot what Napoleon III did for their country !:whistle:
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys sorry about the photo will try and get a bigger one for you to look at. Sorry guys this is a one off. it's for my own collection of 2nd empire figures. but who knows in the future we my produce one.

Ian
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks awesome! Great action!

Look forward to colour showing up.

Following closely

Colin
  8. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Just seen this figure in the flesh at the White Rose club meet and it is stunning,caused quite a stir.

Several of us are trying to persuade the Gringo to go commercial with it,it would be a winner.

Hopefully he will bring it to the White Rose Xmas bash on the 13th December for others to view.
    Peter.
  9. Tinseltown Active Member

Belgium
    Looking forward to bigger pix as well, your Thumbnail Deluxe piqued my interest :)
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pete
    Thanks mate I was blown away with the reception it got. well I'm going to find some one who will sculpt us a horse and we will take the rest from their. I have to say credit should go to Adam MacMasters who did the work he is a talent and one that we should see more of. watch this space for an up date on the horse we will see what we can come up with. and yes pete he will be at the White Rose Xmas Bash with paint on .

Cheers

ian
    Bootneck likes this.
  11. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Ian,
    we should not keep the White Rose Xmas bash a secret!!
    Saturday 13th December at the Paxton Hall,186 Kirkstall lane,Leeds LS5 2AB.
    10:00
    Open competition,
    Traders attending, SK Minitures,Mitches Minitures,Oakwood Studios. May be others to be confirmed.
    Free food provided by club members for all.
    Auction of donated items for club funds,always very popular and much anticipated.
    Come along and have a great day.
    Peter.
  12. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pete

You forgot to say that Ellie's Miniatures will be their too LOL ,with our new releases just in time for Xmas. it's great end of year show and great company with lots of models on show. and we do want to beat last years model entries of over 260.

Bring the wife /girlfriend family they can enjoy a day out in leeds shopping while you enjoy the show.

Cheers

ian
  13. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    So many great gatherings up North this time of year - such a shame I am unable to attend :(

-Rich
  14. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Zlobov Sergy does some nice horses,I think he did the one you have which came from the mounted templar.

regards Zane
  15. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Zane yes your right it is one of his. I have just sent him a message about doing a Bare horse for Ellie's Miniatures hope he gets back. as this will be the base for our first mounted figure. so in the near future we should have some news. we will release it as a stand alone horse as well as a mounted kit. it will be in a action pose. so lets hope he contacts me soon.

Cheers

ian
  16. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    That's excellent news, i'm a huge fan of mounted figures, but there is limited bare horses in an action pose(other than 54mm). Hopefully you may set a trend for bare horses that aren't just standing.

regards Zane