1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm Experiment

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MattS, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MattS Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Here are some pics of something I've been wanting to tackle for a while and never had the time. I'm experimenting with a full figure sculpt in 75mm. This is the roughed in armature that still needs lots of refining. Feedback on him certainly welcomed. The face has the most progress, but also is in process. Stay tuned......

[IMG]

More...
    gordy likes this.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking good Matt. I'm sure you're going to be doing a lot more with the legs. At this stage the most important thing is to keep checking your measurements. It will be interesting to see what the subject of your "experiment" will be. ~Gary
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    It's Bruce Willis! Die Hard maybe?
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Looking good so far, but you must give us a hint.

Cheers
    Roc
  5. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Hi and thanks. The inspiration for this piece is Bruce Willis, but from Unbreakable, not Die Hard. I love the film and was looking for a very simple pose. If you know the movie, the train station scene was the inspiration. I've done more work on the likeness, legs and started the shoes which, I might add, are a pain in the butt to get right. More updates soon. He's kind of on the back burner right now as I cram to get ready for the Atlanta Show.

Matt
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    (y) I haven't seen the movie yet, but i'm following this closely keep us updated Matt!