1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 75mm Darkstar Viking

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by lespauljames, Feb 28, 2018.

1. lespauljames Active Member

United-Kingdom
    WP_20180228_004.jpg
    hello planet figure folks! I'm going to be building dark star miniatures 75mm Viking.
    first up, there were a few seams that needed sorting out, one on the mail that I attempted to resculpt.. It looks ok, but I need more practice, and one on the leg that was a pain. 75mm is a new scale to me. Lets see how we go.. Face was painted with Vallejo, and hopefully it will look ok when the rest is painted up, its a bit lighter than I would usually paint. All help and constructive criticism welcome !!
    WP_20180228_001.jpg

AdobePhotoshopExpress_8f5e7bf02e4448dc9dbf2d70fe6cd277.jpg

Attached Files:

2. lespauljames Active Member

United-Kingdom
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_74325193ed2241e299d2bec2072197d1.jpg

Hey folks , I have made a little progress, notably on the hair and tunic. The tunic started red. Then went to green as it wasn't going well and then back to red. I wanted a slightly faded look and need an opinion on the shadows and highlights . I researched colours that Viking folk would have worn and that put red on the table, makes a nice change from green or brown (easy option for me .. )
  3. lespauljames Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I added a glaze of dark vermillion and cavalry brown to bring some more life into the colour and reworked the extreme highlights and shadows with flesh and dark vermillion highs and Prussian blue, hull red and germ cam blk brown for the lows. All lightly built up. The belt was based with German cam blk brown and built up with different browns fleshes and greys. All matt coated for now, need to rework belt highlights and redo studs after final varnish.
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_8e1eded2cfe8413f88d4447384e8f204.jpg
  4. lespauljames Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Morning folks. Got a little more done, mail was based with black and white for shading and lightly painted with games workshop and darkstar shades, with a little brown and black mixed in for extreme shadows.
    The pelt I'm not sure on I will re work it, the fave has been warmed up with a Vallejo hull red glaze and I have done some more leatherwork.
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_85b33378018e44cab5832afc46d30c7e.jpg