1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm buildings

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by moore, May 2, 2017.

1. moore Active Member

United-States
    I am trying to gather my base work for my Jeff Shiu checkers figures. I am looking for a source that has walls/building/etc in 75mm. Is there such a resource. I have looked online and I keep getting wargaming building. Nothing for 75mm.

I have an idea on what I want and it's possible I can make it from scratch, but the problem I have is scale..

Thank you
    Dee
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Dee, you might have some luck getting something by searching for G scale railroad buildings. Also, the model car guys might help by directing you to some items in their realm. If it comes to scratchbuilding it, Plastruct makes a bunch of useful stuff in 1/24 scale. email me if you'd like a hand with it.
  3. moore Active Member

United-States
    Hey John,

Great tips. I would like to either get a basic wall or building then go from there. I am going to email you . I will also first look at Plastruct.
    Thank you so much.

Dee
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  5. moore Active Member

United-States
    Thank you. I will check those manufacturers.

Dee
  6. moore Active Member

United-States
    I have found 2 structures that I may use. The site was Colorado Model Structures. I found 1/24 scale. My plan is to cut the building to fit on a base. So I would not use the whole building, just the facade. One building is just that and I may make it into a train station with platform and have my figures on the platform.
    I may also brick the front and put broken windows in, etc.
    The building front will also be cut down a bit.. and I may put a flat roof on one, since this is WWI . I will have to find pictures of building.
    Just wanted to share and let you know I did find something.

Thanks
    Dee
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Have a look at:

http://richardstacey.com/

Also google architectural model supplies.
    I found a place in London retailing materials in lots of scales.

Paul.
    Mirofsoft likes this.
  9. moore Active Member

United-States
    Paul, Mirofoft,

Great sites.. I bookmarked them. Thank you so much. None of those popped up when I was searching.

Thanks
    Dee