1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm British Officer WW1 from TFB Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Steve headley, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Steve headley A Fixture

We are pleased to announce that our next release will be a 75mm British Officer WW1. This has been sculpted by Diego Fortes. The release date is to be announced. We thought we would give you a preview of what is to come.

Thank you for looking

TFB Miniatures

09469696-D6B0-4362-A0B4-E7EFD31A8C4C.jpeg
  2. Steve headley A Fixture

Here are a few more views of our future release.

F4C92737-C375-48A5-9AEA-41B95AFC6447.jpeg F8E522B1-46AA-416F-8182-DC1763C8E3C4.jpeg 63E3A509-4F5C-40A4-9C81-26CB95308F9A.jpeg 735C0ABC-3B92-4A69-9F6A-53FE41D6FD03.jpeg 2B52137B-7359-480E-8316-45B45673FB94.jpeg 53FF8655-AD68-4E8B-8A12-71555FF13042.jpeg 40F6DA78-BBAD-4143-AC02-0AB32F30417D.jpeg
    Manfred, PropBlast, Sylvanus and 4 others like this.
  3. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Think about adjusting the right arm..it’s not working in a natural way
    Sylvanus and Steve headley like this.
  4. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi thanks for the heads up we will look at it. I have posted a few more shots of him it might look a little different in them. But will have a good look at it and take it from thier thanks again.
    grasshopper likes this.
  5. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Cool..I really like the execution otherwise, and there is something so out of touch carrying a baton ove the top that it works ..but somehow if i have something a bit heavy in one hand over my head waving men forward I might hold the baton differently..could be entirely wrong, could be the angle of the photo..might just need a turn of his hand?
  6. Steve headley A Fixture

It’s a great pose and something an officer from that time may have done. No concept of what was to come may be.

It could be the angle of the photos. It would be easy to move the hand as it is detached. It’s a very powerful looking pose.

Cheers

Steve
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Good to have Diego but sculpts onthe horizon , good scale as well

I don't do legs but for me the cane works but a personal thing of course , maybe change to a walking stick

Thanks for sharing the preview

Nap
  8. Steve headley A Fixture

No nap thanks for the kind words. I’m sure people will want to experiment with it. Diego really does do a great job.

Cheers

Steve

TFB Miniatures
    Nap likes this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks fine to me mate, nothing wrong with the pose at all. It's a matter of record, that many officers went over the top carrying, canes, swagger sticks, riding crops etc
    Steve
  10. Steve headley A Fixture

Thanks helm.yes I’m sure things like this happened.

Steve

TFB Miniatures
  11. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Strange, I used the definitive reference called google…ha ha…only found vague reference to officers at the Somme with them in action…I am however convinced Steve that the figure concept is entirely plausible. And even if fanciful, it works to add something to the idea of walking, not running into fire. And many swagger sticks were custom so length etc is no matter
  12. Steve headley A Fixture

I’m sure Diego based it on some info he gained through research, but as we say it’s a interesting pose and can be interpreted in what ever way the artist wishes to set the scene.

Steve

TFB Miniatures
    DEL and grasshopper like this.
  13. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
  14. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Here is the cane I used for this gentleman:

mid_000000.jpg
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Diego

Thanks for the reference you used on the sculpt

Nap
    Steve headley and Diegoff like this.
  16. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent.(y)
    Steve headley likes this.
  17. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Hasn't this figure previously been released under another brand? It looks familiar. Miniaturos Fortes maybe?
  18. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    2016 from their FB page C6CC2307-4883-4830-A675-E7CC7E911236.jpeg
  19. Steve headley A Fixture

Hi Richard you are sort of correct, it was due to be released by Diego at Miniatures Fortes but it was never released as he closed the company so none were sold. Yes it was put on face book as a future release.

Grasshopper, thank you for the photo as we have said it’s a sculpt by Diego Fortes it will now be released by us at TFB Miniatures. In the coming months we will be re re-issuing the Miniatures Fortes range along side our own.

They will come out under the banner of Fortes Classics on our web site, the first releases will be the World War One series. If you care to look on our web site you will see them. It’s such an iconic range that we wanted to bring them back into the limelight again for the new and old modellers to the hobby who my have missed them the first time around.

Diego is a great sculptor and we will be adding new masters to the Fortes Classics range in the coming months. We are excited by the prospect of bringing the range back to life.

We want to thank Diego for putting his faith in us to do his range proud. I do hope this clears up any mistery regarding the figure and the future of this range of figures. If you wish to know more feel free to PM me.

Take a look at our website to see the first re- issues will be www.tfbminiatures.com

Thanks

Steve

TFB Miniatures
    Sylvanus, Tom W. and Richard Baxter like this.
  20. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Great idea…there is a gap that these might well fill….
    Steve headley likes this.