1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75 mm knight, hundreds years' war, Pegaso

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Alex, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    I'm never going to paint knights again! There's no point. This is simply the best knight I've ever seen. Superb.
    John
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The heraldry is world class work...just magnificent.

Gary
    anstontyke and Alex like this.
  3. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Simply outstanding. I didn't know they made brushes that small. The effect is just jaw dropping.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive work.

Marc
  5. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I can hardly add anything that hasn't already been said. In fact, I'm at a loss for words (not quite).

The freehand work is unbelievable and the base and ground work raise it to a new level.

Well done Alex,
    Ken
  6. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you guys. Actually I have used only two brushes during the painting of this figure. A Raphael number 1 and a number 2.
    The Raphael number 1 has a belly twice as big as the W&N 7 serie number 1. So you have twice more hair which are able to hold more paint and more importantly more water in order to slow the drying of the tip. For freehand work, I never dilute my paint that much. Most of the time, it is one drop of water for one drop of Vallejo model color paint. I like also the W&N serie 7 and used them also, depending which one I have on hand on my workbench. I think that you could actually even use a number 3 for doing delicate freehand work as long as the tip is perfect !
  7. WehrWolf Member

just WOW :eek:
  8. baldwin8 Member

Canada
    Hardly anything I can add to all the great supportive comments already mentioned. Work like yours gives some of us some real motivation to get our paint brushes wet. My figure painting experience is limited but I always enjoy finding these treasure threads of enjoyment.
  9. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Great Alex, superbe peinture...Combien tu vends une base comme celui là? :D
  10. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    hehehe ... pas de vente de base jusqu'à présent car pas assez de temps pour en faire ! :)
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work throughout.
    The heraldry is truly outstanding.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Alex and anstontyke like this.
  12. Tommy Atkins Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    The heraldry is simply awesome. Fantastic work!. Regards, Pete
    Alex and anstontyke like this.
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Alex,
    WOW:notworthy: Thanks for so many photo's and explanations. I would love for you to do an SBS on something like this it would be a great learning tool.
    Wish I could sit next to you while you paint for a week or so????:D
    Cheers
    John
    Alex likes this.