1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75 mm knight, hundreds years' war, Pegaso

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Alex, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Alex A Fixture

Canada
  2. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Pegaso 75 mm metal figure. I have replaced the original weapon (mace) with a custom made stainless steel axe which was painted as usual. Everything is free hand painted. I have also made the base out of olive wood and I have hand carved the wood in order to simulate the different kind of rocks. It was a really cool figure to paint.

Cheers !

Alex
  3. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    I´m speechless.....this was my first figure,painted in acrylics,many moons ago and lightyears away from this beautyful knight.I have to wash mine in nitro or so :D.
    anstontyke and Alex like this.
  4. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    There really are no words to describe how good this is!!!

I cannot fathom how you do such amazing work Alex, just incredible!

Cheer’s,
    Jeff.
    Alex and anstontyke like this.
  5. misfit151 A Fixture

Stunning detail in this scale...fab-u-lous.....(y). Mike
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That is absolutely amazing, metals, heraldry, groundwork, everything. (y)
    Great work Alex.
  7. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Now, THAT'S how you paint heraldic symbols,.....marvellous attention to every detail :LOL:

Alan
  8. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    wow, everything about the piece is stunning, this is a masterclass of painting and basing.

tony
    Alex likes this.
  9. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    This is not just a painted figure, its a work of art, stunning. I think I will burn my brushes now :LOL:
    John Bowery, Alex and anstontyke like this.
  10. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Incredible skills, I cant imagine where you would start to plan the design and colouring of this figure and then carry it out to produce such a magnificent result, not to mention the base and how the rocks and greenery merge into the wood, you have produced a work of art that I cant stop looking at over and over again.
    Terry
    John Bowery, anstontyke and Alex like this.
  11. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

wow excellent great work

mobo
  12. JABERWOCKY Active Member

beautifully done , love your groundwork too
  13. mick3272 A Fixture

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. Amazing
    Mick
  14. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh, goodness me ! This is magnificent... a masterclass no less!
  15. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Superb and beautiful work, perfect and proportional drawing, the most obvious, but all the figure is perfectly painted, metals, wood, leather, fabrics etc, the ground work is top level too.
    Congratulations.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  16. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Oh yeah. This is not to comment on anything other than enthusiastic. Another great job. Excellent freehand, amazing palette, beautiful contrasts. . A truly wonderful result. Masterwork indeed. For you nothing unusual ;)

Cheers Borek
  17. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you all for your warm comments ! For heraldry, I think that the more you plan in advance, the better it is. In other words, all heraldry can be deconstructed in simple shapes then, with the painting advancing, you add the tiny details, than then smallest, etc.
    Something was not easy at all on this figure and gave me some headaches. The torso is much much smaller than the clothes under the belt and as a result I had to adjust the size of the lions and the flowers de luce while keeping everything as homogeneous as possible.
  18. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Some pictures of the base in progress. I make my own wood bases so I do not fear destroying them in part in order to achieve what I have in mind :) The original pegaso metal base was glued to my olive wood base and a screw was added. Then the wood base was carved with hand and power tools. Than branches sculpted in epoxy putty were added, then basing material, paint, painted grass, painted paper leaves, etc.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  19. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Absolutely stunning... amazing work!
    Phil
  20. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Showing these pictures will give lots of modelers inspiration and ideas that they can apply to their own subjects, wonderful stuff.
    TERRY