1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed 6th hussar of Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ben-nl, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello,

I'm pleased to show my finished 6th Hussar captain of Pegaso.
    Don't hesitate to give you your comments or critique.

Ben

Attached Files:

tissibzh, Tecumsea, tbolt7 and 9 others like this.
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice piece Ben

Different approach to the to the shabraque and a good set up.

Ron
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ben ,
    Nice work , like the scenic base ...not sure about the snow on the shabraque ....but a nice idea ..perhaps a little on the top as well.

Nap
  4. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent Ben, Looks great
  5. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful work Ben. My only criticism is that guys seem to often want to put soldiers dressed in full dress or 'gala' order in field conditions. It just wasn't so for most of the time given the cost of the elaborate pelisse,schabraque, sabretache, etc. I much prefer showing them how they appeared in the field with such groundwork. Please do not take offense at my observation. You at least have completed someting lately which is more than I have done for some time. All the best!
  6. tonyhp Active Member

Italy
    Goof work, compliments.
    Saluti
    Tony
  7. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work on an impressive and challenging kit, Ben. I like the addition of the wheel. Since you have snow on the shabraque and as high as the rider's thighs, I think some more snow on the horse's legs might be in order. Congrats on finishing this one!

Jason
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking very good Ben.
    Have this in my grey army, and i hope it will come out as good as yours.

marc
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You are right Jay about the tendency for everyone to show Napoleonic figures
    in full dress uniforms in the middle of winter, but if you look at some of the great painters of the time they also had this tendency, as not many wish to show the reality of campaign dress, we should look closer to the uniform and change or match the setting,.
    As some one who has spent a lifetime working outside in our not so ideal climate in Scotland, it is a case of as many layers of clothing you can put on
    to stay warm and that is with modern clothing too.

Having said this it is still a dame good paint job.(y)

Ron
  10. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Ben,

I've done this figure myself quit recently. Looks great.
    Where you from in the netherlands. Would be nice to meet more figurepainters in the Netherlands.
  11. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely done Ben(y)
  12. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Ron, Nap, Mike C, Tony, Jason, Marc, Rob and Mike S for your comments.

Jaybo, I understand your criticism. It was the wish of the customer to do this. Therefore I have chosen for more melting snow on the ground. The stamping horseshoes are splattering on the wet, melting and muddy ground,............perhaps you can feel it........;)
    Apologise for my poor English but I hope you understand me.:sick:

Thanks all for watching my thread.

Ben