1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

6th Annual MHMC Show

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by dnayou, Jan 14, 2005.

1. dnayou New Member

See you at the show!

Attached Files:

2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    O.k. you guy's in the upper mid-west...Mike, Brock and Kreston. If I missed anybody, yell out! Hey, Gary...Erie, Pa isn't that far from Michigan either! :lol:
  3. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Too bad it's not on a Saturday!

Kreston
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    I know :( It would be nice if they did something about that.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sunday really seems to be an odd day for a show. Saturday may be a bit easier for out of towners.~Gary
  6. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    I don't know the specifics of the MHMC hotel arrangements, but the reason why Sunday shows are more affordable for a club is often the cost of renting a banquet hall on a Saturday. Wedding receptions are big business at most major hotels (they include not only banquet room rental, but also the VERY lucrative "dinner for hundreds"), and if you want to rent a hall on Saturday at most of the decent hotels they tend to be more costly - maybe beyond the budget of many societies.

As Sundays are usually relatively low demand days for large banquet halls, these rooms are more affordable.

We went thru this at SCAHMS when we got started in the 1980's, and had our show on a Sunday only for the first 7-8 years as a result.

Bill
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Your right, Bill. It's going to take some time. And it dosn't help that there are VERY few figure enthusiast in Michigan to begin with. This is why we're trying to get the out-of-towners just to come up and see what it has to offer.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I guess a Sunday show does make sense given the cost for show space.~Gary
  9. dnayou New Member

Thanks Bill,
    The cost factor is a reality for a small club. The MHMC has 15 members and the show attracts participants from around the state, Ohio, and Canada. Last year we featured over 100 exhibits and had over 400 members of the public in attendance. The attendance was helped, of course, by the Toy Soldier Show. Jason won last years 'best of show' with a fantastic Franco-Prussian war diorama. I'll make sure and post photo's after the show.
    Dave Youngquist
    www.mhmc.us
  10. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Dave, is there a scedule of events? If I make it (probably will), I'll be driving from KY and was wondering, roughly, what time I will be coming back to KY. I can get all of that from Mapquest but I just need a schedule of events.

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick