1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

65th rifles/NZ Wars 1860s

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Belcher, Jul 16, 2005.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Guys,Finished figure of 65th.Hope you like it.Kind regards John. ;)
    [IMG]
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, extremely well done, looks great.
    Did you sculpt the figure or is it a stock figure.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Roc. Thanks for the compliment mate.The figure is a 54mm scratch built apart from the rifle which is slightly converted from a Shenandoah spare. there is more on him in my vBench under 65th Rifles.Kind regards John ;)
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work John..........both the figure and the base......excellent
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Terrific piece, John! The figure is excellent and the base is perfect for it.

All the best,
    Dan
  6. callum Member

Hi John, keep those NZ subjects coming. ;)

Regards Callum.
  7. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Great job on a not often seen subject, John.
    Beautiful base too.
    Keep them coming.

Johan ;)
  8. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... What a great subject !!! And a lovely figure it is !! (y) (y)

I wish we would see more figures of British army soldiers in New Zealand and Australia in the 19th century, it's an interesting episode in history, but not well known to many of us. Bring on some more of these interesting subjects John !

( ... Matter of fact, I myself would love to have a figure of a British infantryman in New South Wales in the 1830ies ... a 120mm conversion I guess but I don't know with which figure I should start ... )
  9. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi Johno, he,s come up a treat mate, love the ground work, makes me feel home sick...
    kind reguards to all old son Phil.....
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME WORK,John !!! Thanks for posting it for our enjoyment. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  11. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lovely work there John. I really like the movement and the groundwork.
  12. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks guys for the compliments on my figure,glade you like him.I've got a few more NZ subjects on the drawing board over the next few months.Dan I ment to give you some info on the NZ wars a while ago.My apologies. I have attached a site that will hopefully give you a background.
    http://www.militarybadges.info/nz-army/page/03-nzwars.htm
    There is a very good book out there by Tim Ryan and Bill Parham called The Colonial New Zealand Wars.For anyone out there wanting a top research book on this subject, this is the one.I can personally recommend it.I have this book in my collection and refer to it on a regular basis.The book was first published in 1986 and a revised edition in 2002.
    http://www.nzbooks.com/nzbooks/product.asp...arham1869340825
    Regards John ;)