1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

5th NY Zouave

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello guys after a long time without paint I decide to start this figure as a tribute to my friend Guy Herrick, it is a Zouave from Harton Miniatures in 90mm with a huge standart, the figure is ready to prime and I hope to start the pint process very soon :) . It's my firs civil war figure, so I don't have too much reference, if somebody could help with some internet links or any pics and color illustrations will be great...
    Guy this figure is for you my friend, hope you like it and enjoy the sbs
    best wishes
    ER

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ernest, I'm sure Guy will appreciate this one!!!!!!! Keep us posted, can't wait to see it come together. Your tallents will, I'm sure, do it justice!!!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Ernest. I have to agree with Jay......your talents will do it justice, I am sure. I look forward to the sbs..........especially the flag.
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ernest, I hope all is going well. it's great to see you painting again my friend. This Civil War figure will be a an interesting change from your usual subject matter. Who knows there may be another Civil War figure that needs painting in the future. Hint hint. :) ~Gary
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Cool - Bring it on Ernesto! This will be great fun!

All the best,
    Dan
  6. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Good Work
    Ernesto ;)

MAB
  7. nagashino New Member

Hey Ernesto

Good to see you're back at the brushes !

This is a nice piece, sculpted by my good friend Carl Reid. He has done quite a few ACW subjects in various scales over the years. I know you will make a good job of this one. I'm looking forward to seeing your version of that flag!

Best regards

Phil
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Good to see you painting again Ernesto. Keep us posted

Stephen Mallia
  9. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Ernest,

great to hear your are back in painting. I´m looking forward to see this one come alive.

Cheers,
    Markus
  10. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    great very nice
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ernesto,

It is great to see you again at the brushes. I'm very sure that Guy will apreciate this.
    Well, go on, give us that SBS, and show us how you got every time such a tremendous painted figure.

Marc
  12. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ernest,
    Good to have you back painting. Look forward to seeing this progress and the standard being painted.
    cheers :lol:
    John.
  13. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ernest Try www.webcom.com/kepi a site devoted to the 5th new york volunteer infantry which has a lot of information on the regiment including a picture of their regimental flag.Aiso there is a fine painting of the standard bearer on page 26 of don trioiani's civil war which I think is the inspiration for this figure.
  14. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hey Peter, thanks a lot for the link, there is a lot of good information and also good pics, I found and illustration art same like the figure pose with the flag... :)
    Now I'm working with the face, still some details to come..
    Hope you like it ;)

ER

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Ernest.........keep that brush wet and paint some more.
  16. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looking great so far Ernest.Beautiful fleshtones!
  17. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thank you Chris and Guy, hope to keep posting this week :)

cheers

ER
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ernesto, seems that you havn't lost your touch by your absence :lol: . Greta work

Stephen Mallia
  19. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello guys, the face it's almost complete, still some more retouching here and there, coments welcome ;)

all the best

ER

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Last one with another angle :)

[IMG]