1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

5th NY zouave conversion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Robert Dominick, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Here is another Shenandoah conversion I am working on. Once again sorry for the bad pics!! this guy is wounded. I had to cut the upper torso almost completely through in order to position him. I added the waist sash using sheet lead and knapsack straps using flattened solder.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Robert, Nice to see the "surgery" given to the figure. I'm taking it the color pics show the basecoat. Just a gee wiz type of thing. The canteen covers were not always kersey Light/sky blue. I would say brown or gray jean material along with some covers made from brown blanket material were probably more common than a light or dark blue cover.~Gary
  3. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Gary,

Yes, the color photos are the painting in progress. Hopefully I will be able to get better pics. Sometimes my pics turn out nice and sometimes they look like they do here. I use the same photo taking process and lighting, but with the mixed results. As for the canteen cover. I knew someone years ago whos great, great grandfather was in the 5th New York and has his original canteen in Kersey Blue. I often paint my canteens in either the Kersey blue, brown, and metal colors. Thanks for the insight. Robert