5th NY zouave conversion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Robert Dominick, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Here is another Shenandoah conversion I am working on. Once again sorry for the bad pics!! this guy is wounded. I had to cut the upper torso almost completely through in order to position him. I added the waist sash using sheet lead and knapsack straps using flattened solder.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Robert, Nice to see the "surgery" given to the figure. I'm taking it the color pics show the basecoat. Just a gee wiz type of thing. The canteen covers were not always kersey Light/sky blue. I would say brown or gray jean material along with some covers made from brown blanket material were probably more common than a light or dark blue cover.~Gary
  3. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Gary,

Yes, the color photos are the painting in progress. Hopefully I will be able to get better pics. Sometimes my pics turn out nice and sometimes they look like they do here. I use the same photo taking process and lighting, but with the mixed results. As for the canteen cover. I knew someone years ago whos great, great grandfather was in the 5th New York and has his original canteen in Kersey Blue. I often paint my canteens in either the Kersey blue, brown, and metal colors. Thanks for the insight. Robert