1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

5th New York Zouaves

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by zane666, Mar 14, 2019.

1. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    My second build i'm working on is this 75mm set from Tommy's War which went together quite nicely. Looking forward to painting this though the flag will be a challenge.

Regards Zane

IMG20190111174918.jpg IMG20190121110840.jpg IMG20190121144953.jpg IMG20190122212855.jpg IMG20190124102604.jpg IMG20190124194710.jpg IMG20190127201604.jpg IMG20190127201625.jpg IMG20190127201658.jpg IMG20190205091744.jpg
    patmaquette, BillW, JonH and 16 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That base is stunning.
    I would ask you to do a SBS from the tree. That's some amazing painting on that.

Marc
    MattMcK. and zane666 like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Another stunner, keep em coming.
    zane666 likes this.
  4. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Zane, looking really good mate. (y)
    zane666 likes this.
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

Looking great Zane. Looks a great set of figures. Must have missed these when they came out. Are they still available does anyone know?
    zane666 likes this.
  6. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Thankyou, Darren made a limited run of 100 and I think he still has some sets left, the corporal and the standard bearer were originally from Dark World Creations when they were in business. Darren then had the officer made by the same sculptor to create a set of 3. they are a lovely well sculpted and cast set and everything fits together nicely with bugger all filler needed.

Zane
    Nap likes this.
  7. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Thanks, i'm hoping to see this to the end, but i am going to need a bigger cabinet.

Zane
  8. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Cheers, will try, building seems the easy part, painting will be the real test.

Zane
  9. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Thanks Marc, I didn't get many photos of the process but the tree root itself already looked like a birch with those small horizontal slits, I may making another one with more photos of the leaves, tree roots etc.

Zane
  10. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Zane, Looking good!(y) Look forward to seeing this completed. Big fan of Zouaves! And the 5th NY is indeed a colorful regiment! Keep us posted on your efforts!

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Military Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
    zane666 likes this.
  11. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Thanks Terry, will do, this particular vignette is 3rd on my list to complete.

Zane
  12. Lasalle A Fixture

Italy
    Great work on base!
    zane666 likes this.
  13. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    looking great, and that base is very impressive indeed.
    zane666 likes this.
  14. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    God, I love your ground work. It gives me all kinds of ideas and inspiration.

Well done Zane, (y)
    Ken
    zane666 and Huw63 like this.
  15. Huw63 A Fixture

Stunning groundwork. You're clearly on a roll Zane.

Cheers

Huw
    zane666 likes this.
  16. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Great ground work

Mobo
    zane666 likes this.
  17. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi great composition - I agree with others for ground work too.
    Who make this figures - TOMMY´S WAR ?? I thought they don´t doo 75 mm neither this subjects. Anyway they are lovely.
    Cheers
    zane666 likes this.
  18. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    If these were a limited run, that’s a terrible shame as they would prove quite popular in my opinion; I know I wouldn’t mind adding them to my collection
    zane666 likes this.
  19. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Thankyou, I really enjoy doing the bases.

Zane
  20. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Cheers Steve, most of my bases went in different directions to what was originally planned, this one was going to be a forest floor but, changed my mind half way through.

Zane