1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Woodland Indian Sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola all,

I haven't been posting much work lately, but I have been sculpting!

Here is a 54mm Woodland Indian I recently finished. It was done with magicsculpt, and the base of various rocks and putty. Its just assembled with funtack for the pictures. I have found that if you tack the parts with glue for pictures it can affect the fit of the parts for casting.

Hope you like it :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi anders
    really beautiful start, i like it
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Very good Anders. I like the fact the he looks like a normal human being and not someone who has been working out in the gym 24/7, which a lot of half clothed figures suffer from.
    Roger
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done Anders! I agree with Roger - he looks natural and not like the guvanator! :)

Are you going to add areola to the chest? At 54mm scale I suppose they might not be visible.

All the best,
    Dan
  5. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    "Sticking" figgers together

Nice Job Anders. As for "sticking" the figure together while working on it or photgraphing it, the solution that works for me is to make sure that all of my main parts have substantial wire pins on them. By substantial I mean that they are long enough to hold the parts in place without any outside help.

As you are no doubt aware, there is nothing more annoying while working on a figure than having to "fuss" with parts of a figure that have no secure attachment. This requires you to constantly "hold" the part in place while trying to visualize the model completely in one piece. Simply put, you can't do it! I find the long pins really help me to see the complete figure in one piece from beginning to end. And I never have to resort to white glue, or worse, unsightly blobs of blue tack.

Once the figure master is complete and phtographed, it is a simple job to snip off the pins and fill the small holes before making castings.

I hope this helps...

Cheers!!

Mike
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys :)

Roger,

I know what you mean. A friend though that he was a little too chubby, and he has a point, but like you say, its mor normal. Although the woodland indians were pretty lean.

Dan,

I opted not to as most I have seen looks odd and would be easier to add with paint for realistic effect.

Mike,

Thats normally what I do, but this project had some new things that I never faced before. Normally I will make the joint in the shoulder and leave the pin longer, but in this case I sculpted the arms (with a wire inside...duh) then cut them to make the joint. This left a bit of wire in the joint so I couldnt make it deeper nor did it leave room a pin for support. Oh well, live and learn! Next time I will make the upper arms just out of putty so there is nothing in the way and I will make the connection points with a pin as well as a raised little circle.
  7. arthur Member

Canada
    Anders,
    Great figure ! An a nice interesting setting for it too.
    Wish my sculpts looked as good as yours.
    Looking forward to seeing him painted.
    Cheers,
    A.
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work Anders. I like the physical pose ,the sculpting itself and the surrounding setup of the rocks. If this would go commercial i would surely buy it . My best regards
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very beautiful piece !!
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you guys!

If I get any news regarding production I will let you know.

Thanks again!