1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Rhonan Panther Claws WIP

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by krom1415, Dec 25, 2008.

1. krom1415 Member

United-Kingdom
    Following my review, I've managed to get this one assembled and based, just waiting for the miliput to dry and we'll be off for priming. I'm thinking of using Citadel white primer, as I dont like the plasticy nature of andrea primer.
    I superglued the parts together after dry test fitting, with rocket rapid then filled the gaps with fine miliput, is that the right thing to do? as I'm a beginner at this big 54mm figures melarky.
    I only had this base which was sufficient to carry him on, and needed to base him as he is top heavy.
    When looking at the composition, it looks rather one sided, so if I can find some twigs i'll even it up a bit.
    If you have time please could you help with tips on the whole process, and also critique my painting, with honest comments, dont spare the horses as I want to improve at these larger scale chaps.
    Much obliged. :D
    Original photo from the internet
    [IMG]

My one
    [IMG]
  2. Biskup New Member

Poland
    That's one fantastic figure and I'm waiting impatiently to see yours painted.
    Cheers
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

Eventually I'd recommend you give auto primer a try (Hycote's good if you can get it locally).

If you want to paint it fully assembled, sure. I generally prefer to paint in subassemblies if possible but sometimes you can't so you have to make do.

Being asymmetrical is a good thing - more dynamic visually.

A straight up-and-down figure for example, mounted in the centre of a base, facing directly forward, is about as boring as you can get; place the same figure at a slight angle and off to one side a bit and it immediately looks more interesting.

Einion
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thats a stunning figure i want to paint to.
    Looking forward to your painting.

Marc
  5. krom1415 Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks all, my sons lego is built finally so back to the priming.
    Einion, thankyou very much for the tips, thats exactly the feedback i'm after, much obliged.