1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Powwow Dancer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Here is what I have been making all those feathers for. It is a 54mm Native American in modern age performing at a Powwow. For those of you who are not familiar with the Powwows, it is a gathering of Native Americans where they do their traditional dances.

This fella right here is what is called a Traditional Dancer, where they wear old type regalia (their outfit, it is offending to call it a costume, dress, outfit etc.) He is probably of the plains origin, judging by his regalia. These guys perform the old style of dancing.

The figure is 54mm and made out of Magic Sculpt. He is still in progress with a lot more to do.

This is hands down the most fun project I have ever done and I will definately make more of this sort.

Let me know what you think!

Please be patient, there are about 15 pictures.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Some More pics

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    well i think that this one is by far the best and more interesting thing u have done so far Anders. Indians is my favourite and this one is something different from what u usually see!!!!
    Kepp on working on the guy , i d really die to see it painted !!! And of course to paint one!!!!

Costas
  4. milminwh Member

Anders,
    Shaping up to be a great piece of work! Is the Indian generic, or belonging to a particular tribe? I was in NYC's Museum of Natural History last year, and they had many dioramas depicting the culture of the American Indian, and your new work is reminiscent of many of the scratch built works on display there.
    I look forward to seeing him painted.
    I hope for commercial release? If yes, we need to talk!
    Regards,
    John McNenney
    Military Miniatures Warehouse
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Anders,TOP NOTCH JOB there,my friend (y) (y) !!! Very unusual choice of subject there ! Keep up the good work and I'll be looking forward to the next installment in the project.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for your replies! Really appreciated and I am happy you like him so far!

Hey John,

He is a little 'generic' in that I really don't know for sure what tribe the man in the picture I am using for inspiration is. But he most definately wears a Plains Indian type regalia.

And yes, he is planned to be a Commercial release although I don't know by who yet.

Hey Rob,

Powwows are most definately a great time, so much interesting and neat stuff going on, not to mention all the beautiful regalias. This guy will not be wearing any type of mask, he will have some feathers on his head and that is about it.
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He is looking great Anders. A good subject not often covered in the miniature world. I look forward to seeing him develop more. (y)
  8. amherbert Member

Hi Anders

Looking great.

We've attended a few pow-wows, and they are something. One we attended in the Dallas area is well worth the trip!

Cheers
    Andy
  9. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Me too! :lol: I attended my share of pow wow dances in the Wisconsin Dells when I grew up in Chicago. :)

This is very cool, Anders!

Keith
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looking good so far Anders. I like the unusual subject. Well done

Stephen Mallia
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders,you're doing a good job, love the subject matter.

keep up the good work.

Roc. :)
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for all the replies guys!

It makes the hours of making feathers worthwhile!

I will show more once I have something to share, next up is the bone breast plate, long hair, fringes on the leggings and head feathers.
  13. johnnyboy New Member

is this a fig thats going to be available anders he is lookin great thanks for sharing johnnyboy
  14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Very cool Anders! Unique subect.
  15. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Johnny and Jason :)

I am planning on selling the figure as a master, but the company is yet to be determined.
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, Neat figure. I remember our discussions on figure subjects months ago and see you're finally doing it. My computer was under the weather and appears to now be back to normal. keep it up.~Gary
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gary,

I figured something was wrong as I haven't seen you around for quite some time. I hope your computer is doing better now!