1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Pirate.

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Richard61, May 5, 2013.

1. Richard61 Active Member

England
    Hi everyone.
    This is a 54mm pirate figure cast in white metal. Intended as a painting exercise it represents a few "firsts" for me.
    First stand alone figure of any kind within the last six or seven years.
    First ever stand alone figure smaller than 120mm.
    First figure to be painted 100% in acrylics.
    First attempt at N.M.M.
    There are a few small flaws in the casting which I missed on clean up, however I can live with that as the figure is not intended for show. His shoes need finishing but this will be done once he's mounted up on a base.
    Although the highly magnified photos take no prisoners, I'm quite pleased with the way he looks however I'd love some helpful, honest critique to enable me to improve the look of the next one. :nailbiting:

Standing Pirate 54mm 001.JPG Standing Pirate 54mm 002.JPG Standing Pirate 54mm 003.JPG Standing Pirate 54mm 004.JPG Standing Pirate 54mm 005.JPG
    Standing Pirate 54mm 006.JPG Standing Pirate 54mm 007.JPG Standing Pirate 54mm 008.JPG Standing Pirate 54mm 009.JPG
    Standing Pirate 54mm 010.JPG

Thank's for looking and for any advice offered. (y)

Richard.
    Mirofsoft and captnenglish like this.
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Who produces this figure; I am kind of obessed with pirates, especially the 54mm kind. From what I can see in the photos the paint job looks pretty decent
  3. Richard61 Active Member

England
    Hi. The figure was bought through ebay auction as a "Sanderson". The seller has excellent feedback ratings and I've bought several from him...... Always a risk buying like that but I've no reason to suspect recasting.
    I can't say I've got any special liking for Pirates, I just fancied something a bit different for me.

Richard.
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks, thought it might be an old Sanderson. I don't do evilbay though.
  5. Smivvers New Member

England
    As you know Richard,I`m certainly no expert!!:shy:
    ......But he looks great to me-like the shading /folds on the clothing....Top job buddy!:cool:.....
    .....................But HEY,what do i know?!!o_O
    Nice work!!!
    Andy
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Yes, it's a Sanderson edited by Monarch end of the seventies
    There was a full serie, likes : ( and some not to be shown here )
    Webb-Sanderson-Pirates-enha.jpg

And here some done in the 7oies ( Humbrol )
    Webb-Tortuga.jpg
    Webb-DSC00848.jpg

Still available at
    http://www.johnedenstudios.com/