1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Mounted Cowboy

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

Like you know I have many balls in the air at the same time at the moment. I've been wanting to do a mounted cowboy for quite sometime and I just recently got a horse that would to the trick so I have started on it. This is a project that will probably take some time, Ive never painted a horse before so that is going to be a lot of fun! Anyway, here are some pictures of the horse in progress.

The base horse I used for this was a Fusilier horse, from the kit where the guy is feeding the horse an apple. The horse is a little to narrow for my own taste in horses, especially for a ranch horse but it isn't too bad. I carved away all the detail on the casting and made new tack. The saddle is from Andrea and the straps etc are from rolled out Magic Sculpt. There are still a lot to do on it but it is getting there. I am having a ball with this horse!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Slow down man! You'll burn your fingers. You're really cranking out the work. Looks good so far (y) .
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Anders,looking (y) so far ! Keep up the good work,my friend.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  4. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    dood you are cranking out the work but all looks real good, when do ya get rest.

take it easy dood

Robin
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

You actually think this is fast? It feels like its dragging to me But then again I just finished my last midterm today so I havent had time to do as much as I would have liked to, but now that I am done with exams, Im ready to rock and roll!
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Lookin good Anders.................is it painted yet?
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Guy, won't be painted yet, its 7.22 gmt time here, hes got two busts, a 200mm figure to complete, sculpt the cowboy.

hmmmmmm should be done by say 12.00 gmt today.

Robin
  8. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey Anders, now you can use those boots that you started :lol: guess that's what you were thinking
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    LOL Guy and Robin :lol:

Riiiiiiiiiight! I will be happy if I finish anything by next week :) The Andrea Bust kind of went into the pot as the flesh turned out really crappy (see pic) so I stripped it and Ive done the eyes, but Im not feeling very gung ho to work on it again, especially since I took SBS pics of everything I did ( like 20 pics) and made color swatches for each step :angry: So don't be surprised if you don't see it for a while.

As for the Cowboy, I got the mannequin basically done and the horse is almost finished, just need to add the stirrups and the rifle and work on the back cinch as it looks like crap.

Leigh,

Those boots are bigger then the horse itself!

Attached Files:

10. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Yes of course
  11. y_wong New Member

Hey Anders,

It's a pity that you strip the paint from the bust. I really like the color of the eyes. I feel that this is better than the SBS that you just posted.

As for the horse, I'm looking forward to see the completed figure. You're doing alright.

regards
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Wong!

I agree those eyes are much better then the second set, but I just wasn't happy with the face so I decided to redo it.