1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 54mm metal models

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith
    Surprised that there is a lot of seam lines on the Lancer as both the figs I have were almost seam free,
    the horse is a work of art can't wait to start another one, mind you I haven't worked out what Im going to use or how to secure the reins to the bits yet, will probably use some quality foil from an Amerone wine bottle " a bloody dear set of reins ":D
  2. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron
    Great job I know what you mean by the eyes lol strangely I was sitting at the desk yesterday and thought lets have a go at a 54 from the stash lol man that was a shock for the eyes 1/9 to 54 lol but in fact quite enjoying it doing. Pegaso Greek so it quite therapeutic jumping into some nice colour change from my present olive drab project right now .....lets get the tea bags on my eyes lol
    Cheers Chris
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron

A few of my favourites, if you don't mind painting flags

MM12 Standard Bearer, 1807
    MM38 Voltigeur 8th line Regt 1813
    MM107 Marshall Soult
    MM108 Trumpeter on foot, Mounted Grenadiers
    MM110 Musician Grenadiers of the Guard

These are not quite straight up and down figures, if you like painting horses then their range of mounted figures is superb, also working with high quality casting make the whole experience very enjoyable.

Cheers
    Tommi
  4. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    i was paint some figure but of Kingdom of italy a few month ago......love this,greath work ron!
  5. swralph A Fixture

6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    My criticism was not of the range in general, like Tommi I have most of the standing and mounted figures in the grey army. The headache comes when trying to replicate the excellent detail after putting the horse halves together. I needed quite a bit of putty and it has been difficult to disguise the seams. This is the first horse I have assembled from the range so perhaps I just didn't get the best fitting one-happens sometimes.

Keith
  7. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    like the looks of this alot
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers samson

Ron
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanx Ralph
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Grazie mille Fabrizio

Ron
  11. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Chris
  12. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Coming along nicely. Yes, it appears the whites washed out in the photo because the boots, hat and base look really good.

Bob
  13. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice work Ron!

Regards
    Pedro
  14. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Another cracker Ron (y) ... I'm becoming a bit of a fan-boy ;)

Love the base.

Cheers,
    Billy