1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Japanese Anti-Tank soldier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bchilstrom, Mar 2, 2004.

1. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    This is a figure that I converted from the Verlinden Japanese Tanker back in the late 80's. The lower legs and head are from the original verlinden figure, everything else is from scratch. I am considering doing a 2 or 3 figure set of Japanese Anti-Tank soldiers in 1/35, assaulting an Allied tank. What do you think of the idea?

Attached Files:

2. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Nice conversion, Bill. I think that it is a great idea. I can't remember seeing anything along those lines before.

Kreston
  3. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Bill, I am for anything Japanese and love the previous figures you released.
  4. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Bill!

I really like your work and creativity.
    My idea is:
    One charging with the pole like a rifle with bayonette.
    One getting hit and falling backwards doing the same as above.
    US Marine tanker firing from the turret hatch of for example a Stuart tank.

Sold separatly or as a set of three, maybe two. Think of the diorama posibilities.
  5. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    My idea was to have two Japanese soldiers charging with the pole mines, one of them would be reacting to a bullet strike in his midsection. The third figure would be a Japanese soldier charging wearing a charge/mine strapped to his chest. All would be very animated and yelling.
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Bill-

I like it too. Your suggestion for poses sounds great as well.

It's nice to see something in 1/35th other than the ubiquitous Germans Peeling Potatoes - Kharkov '43.

Keith
  7. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Bill, I think your idea would make for a very dramatic scene. Love to see it done. (y)

-jim cox