1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Infinity Shapes Mohican

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pmacko, Nov 19, 2006.

1. pmacko Member

Finished his flesh and roughed in his leggings. This is Hawkeye from one of my favorite movies as portrayed by Daniel Day-Lewis.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. CorySF Guest

Nice start. One of my favorite stories also. I've never seen this figure. Who makes it?
    God Bless
    Cory
  3. whdamon New Member

United-States
    I picked this figure up at Long Island this past weekend. Very hard to find, seemed like only 1 of 3 major vendors had it, and that vendor had like 2. It is a little piece of jewelry.
    Walt Damon
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Paul ,
    This is NICE , whats your technique on the flesh work really nice , look forward to the rest of the painting updates ...regards kev
  5. pmacko Member

Hi Cory,

This is from Infinity Shape. So far, it has been very nice to paint.
  6. pmacko Member

Hi Kevin,

I read the article form Histioric Miniatures magazine by Doug Cohen on face painting. Basically, I use a base of Vallejo Orange Brown for that in the sun look. Highlights are varying amounts of Vellejo Light Flesh added to the Orange Brown. I use the drop methos as written by Mario Fuentes in his article on using acrylics on the Vallejo web site. Shadows are drops of German Camo brown (I believe) added to the Orange Brown.

I use watered down layers to achieve the blending effect. I hope this helps. Thanks for asking
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Paul, So far so good. Just keep your contrast in mind.~Gary
  8. pmacko Member

Hi Gary,

Could you elaborate?
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sure. Just try to make your highlights and high highlights stand out more. Mind you I'm basing this on your photos, and there are times when the photo does not show the figure the way it really looks.~Gary
  10. pmacko Member

Gary, are you referring to the flesh or to the articles of clothing. The clothing is just roughed in.
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The clothing.~Gary
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Paul,
    nice start! I look forward to seeing this guy come together, such a nice sculpt. Looks like you are doing it justice!

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good start,looking forward to see next steps!
    best regards
    christos
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Paul,
    Very nice so far.
    Cheers
    John
  15. pmacko Member

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the feedback. This one is almost done. I'll post some pictures soon. This was a joy to paint.