1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Horse manneqin available ?

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Manfred, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Manfred Active Member

Hi all,

asking for a mate.

I seem to remember a metal horse mannequin from an italian? company posted a while ago.

Can someone tell me who does this or is my mind just playing tricks on me ;) ?

Manfred
  2. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Mannfred, like you I remember seeing a mannequin horse but I don't think it was 54mm I thought it was 90mm.
  3. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dear Mannfred, try www.milminwh.com and go to the unpainted kits section and you'll find some horses in 54mm. Any other scale - forget it.

If it doesn't have to be metal, go for Historex. Even for mere ease of use, there's no comparison.

If it was a posable or moveable mannequin you meant, try a serious art shop, but be prepared to be shocked at the price.

All the best mate.
  4. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    Manfred,
    i think the company you are asking about is Corte di Cavanno. They used to have a web site, but it no longer works.

Another good source for 54mm horses -made in metal and sold in quarters so you can buy the parts for the pose you want- is Eisembach figurines
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    That was really a great link, Luis!
    Thanks
  6. Manfred Active Member

Thanks for the info, gentlemen !
  7. Steve Lennon New Member

8. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mannfred, is that a self portrait?
  9. Manfred Active Member

My avatar ? :lol:

That's me in the first english lesson at school !

I've since grown, but I didn't get more beautiful ...
  10. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Arent they all? :eek: