1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

54mm Female Head Sets

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Ray Welshman, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Ray Welshman Active Member

Do anybody know of any decent 54mm female head sets? There is a set of 1/35th from Hornet but I'm thinking will be too small

Cheers

Ray
  2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Historex has at least two sets with good quality.
    Historex Agents carry that range.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

The Historex sets are the only ones I know of as well. They're quite good, although the old woman in one set is the standout in terms of the quality of the sculpting.

Given we'd normally be aiming for smaller and a little softer/rounder to visually register as 'female' then in terms of size the regular Hornet heads should work for the larger scale of 1/32; they're sized to be about right for a man of approximately 49mm tall which is right in the suitable range where an average man is 54mm tall (would make the woman about 5'2"). In terms of the sculpting, many of the Hornet heads are fairly soft and generic so it might not even be necessary to feminise the face with putty - just add a suitable hairstyle and clothing, and with the right painting, bingo, woman instead of man.

Einion
  4. Ray Welshman Active Member

The hornet heads are actually quite nice as well. I will get both always good to have extra around in any case

Cheers

Ray
  5. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    You might take a look at the "Eva"-Plastic-Set from Preiser or at the Masterbox-Range. You will get more than a head set but the price will be comparable. Cheers, Martin
  6. Ray Welshman Active Member

Actually I was thinking of picking up that set for that very reason, could always use the parts

Thanks

Ray