54mm Bronc Buster

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys,

After not doing a whole lot of sculpting this summer I sat down and made this guy. He is supposed to be a black Bronc Buster Ca 1870's. Its made out of Magic Sculpt and lead sheet. Still some minor clean up and things to do but its bascially finished.

Hope you like it :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Anders,

what a nicely sculpted figure and what a intersting subject !!! I esepecially like drapery and the detailed trousers. :)

Forgive me, it might be the angle of the photos, but for me his arms are looking a little bit too short....sorry - I hope you aren`t angry with me now.

I´m looking forward to see him painted.

Best wishes,
    Markus
  3. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    anders excellent rendition of tthe chaps but I would agree with markus he looks short in the forearm
  4. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Anders I love it !!!!!!!

Do you plan to paint it?

JP

PLEASE : Stop saying you're "sorry but...". I think that everybody who's posting his work should know that he'll get comments and critics.
    And I agree with you, the arms are too shorts. They should be below the bottom. And I'm not sorry :) but you're free to leave it like that !!!
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

Thanks for feedback!

I agree with JP, dont be sorry! There is nothing to be sorry about, if the arms are too short, they are too short, simple as that.

However, when measured out they were fine, you have to remember the position of the shoulder and the angle of the arms. The right shoulder is set back a bit due to the stance. The knuckles should be about where the crotch is, and the length from top of shoulder to elbow and elbow to row of knuckles should be the same, and I think they are. I will go back and check again, if its wrong its wrong and I'll change it.
  6. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Cool Anders, I'm happy you do not disaprove my post :)

By the way, this figure will be unique or you'll have some copies?
    I'd like to try my brush on this one.
    Only when you'll correct the arm lol (just kiddin')

JP
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, It's been a while since we've seen anything new and this probably your best. My only commments regard the arms and shoulders. While they are well sculpted, the majority of the hand should fall below the crotch or more specifically the genitals. The shoulders appear too horizontal. I would think giving them a slight diagonal line would make them even better.~Gary
  8. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    OK, I understood what you are telling me about critiques... ;)

So Anders, I´m looking forward to see this one finished !!!

Schöne Grüße,
    Markus
  9. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Anders,
    Welcome back!
    I must agree that the right arm looks short, shorter than the left. Also, across the shoulders seems too narrow. But I think it is a great sculpt. I like the face and the stance.
    Pete
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for all the comments guys.

Gary and I had a pretty good talk about the arm and what changes could be made to make it better. Im going to make it a bit longer and do something with the shoulders on the back side.

Thanks for the heads up on the arm, eventhough it measures out fine I would not have thought it to be too small. I appreciate all the input and I will post pictures of the modified figure once completed.

Thanks again guys :)