1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

53rd Georgia Infantry, Semme's Brigade

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Mar 19, 2004.

1. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Ditto on the folds. Gary you make it look easy ;)
  2. Cheesey153 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Gary, have I missed some information somewhere along the line? What putty are you using? It looks VERY smooth.
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Cheesy, I'm using Magicsculpt, although the NY guy has some A&B mixed in with it.~Gary
  4. Cheesey153 New Member

United-Kingdom
    I guess my Magic Sculp is getting old, and past its best - it dries green!
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Gary, (y) (y)
    Kenneth :lol:
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, Cheesy, John, Bob, Gordy & Daniel, Thank you all the feedback and kind words help to make these projects more enjoyable. I'm still not comfortable racing with the clock using putty, fortunately each trouser leg was completed without and major problems. I would do these in sculpey but it's really delicate at such a small scale, although I could do more with the folds. I think I'm going to get some of those Rio Rondo Carbide scrapers, they may be of some help.~Gary
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I've cleaned up the trousers and started the arms. It's 20 Gauge copper wire with roughed in magic sculpt arms.

Attached Files:

8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I've added the lower part of the jacket by rolling out some putty into sheets and then trimming the ends to the required shape. I have also sculpted some of his shirt as Troiani depicts the jacket as unbuttoned, and in the event there is a gap I wanted what should be underneath the jacket to show.

Attached Files:

9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    When doing cuffs on sleeves or pantlegs and more so with coattails I try to get as much of a scale thickness as I can to the garment. This really helps to give your figure a realistic look.

Attached Files:

10. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    (y) looking very good Gary!
  11. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Excellent Gary, nice drapery (y)
  12. y_wong New Member

I'm impressed. Looking forward to more of your stuffs. It sure inspire me to sculpt!

regards :lol:
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    You're in TOP form,Gary;keep up the GOOD work (y) (y) Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gary,

He is looking realy good, love the folds. Looks like you are adapting quickly to the new (well maybe not new, but more extensive use of it) medium.
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. It's a little slow going but it's going the way I want so far. I've done projects before that have parts of under garments showing and it pays to do a bit more than you need, although. I'm going to add a bit of shirt collar also.~Gary
  16. Patrick Kirk New Member

Gary,
    Amazing...I can't wait to see this guy come to life...great motion and passion in this figger...I hope this will be released commercially...

All the best my friend and will see you at Valley Forge...

Patrick :lol:
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Patrick, It's a one-off that has a way to go yet. I'm looking forward to the show.~Gary
  18. Patrick Kirk New Member

Gary,
    What a great "one-of"...wow...
    Your work is awesome! I am looking forward to filling my gray army with a couple of your pieces from the show...
    Take care my friend...

All the best!
    Patrick
  19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gary,

I apologize for being a little slow but Great work and thanks for the sbs. It has helped me tremendously! I look forward to seeing you at the show.

Joe
  20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Making a slouch hat I like to sculpt/make hats. Civil War slouch hats can be really fun to do, be it a very neat one or a veteran hat of many battles. Since the head is cut to where the brim sits, I have a bit of a ledge to place it on. I used a circle template for the brim and a hole puncher to punch out the center of the brim.

Attached Files: