1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

51st Light Infantry Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jim Patrick, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Ok, here it is. Finished in time for Chicago. Took me a little longer than expected but it's finished none the less. The photography is a LITTLE better but there's still more room for improvement. For instance, the red jacket isn't quite so red as it is in the picture. Speaking of improvements, my buddy Joe Hudson ha salready pointed out a few other things that will make for a better figure. Some will be added and some will go on the next figure. Which brings me to you guys. If you see anything that needs to be fixed or could make for an improvement on the next figure, please tell me. I kinda like to use all of you as a crutch. I really rely on your advice (and your figures!) for inspiration!

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    JIm,

Well done. And you said it yourself about the red. I am totally agree with you about the red.
    Further i find it a very good painted figure.

Marc.
  3. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Amazing work Jim, the final project looks very good ;) hope to see a new one soon...
    all the best

ER
  4. stev1eran Member

Excellent work Jim :)

I like the work on the trousers

Steve
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nothing at all wrong with that mate. Very nice figure indeed.
    Reds can be a pain. I've in the middle of doing one with lots of red, and following advice this is what I've done. The problem with reds generally is highlighting it. So what I've done is to start off with a basecoat which is darker than I'd probably normally do. This in turn makes highlighting that bit easier as I'm starting from a darker position in the first place. It's best to remember that it's the overall colour you're after.

all the best mate, look forwards to seeing more stuff from you as always
  6. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Great work Jim ! I love the lights and shadows on your figure , also skintones looks perfect (y)

All the best

Jacek
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Way to go, Jim!

I think the trousers are great especially the crotch and the ends down.(Cant find the right word for it.)

Cheers
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Way to go, Jim!

I think the trousers are great especially the crotch and the ends down.(Cant find the right word for it.)

Cheers
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Big Country :lol:

You said it..........photography needs improvement........or maybe you down sized the pics for loading and thus lost some of "clarity".........otherwise I can see that you did an OUTSTANDING job and Boston's "injection" is still running on a "high"

Hey you better have some space in your carry case :angry:...... Joe has ;)

Fair Winds blow and may you both have a GREAT time..........

Take Care,

Ray
  10. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Hi Jim!

Congratulations on the excellent job.

Would you like to share your techniques?
    (Always a pleasure to receive knowlodge from an artist)

Cheers,
    Paulo
  11. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    It's a really wonderfull work!!!
    Which kind of figure is this???

ciao Stefano
  12. Bill Mayo New Member

Really nice work. Beautifully done. Agreed, Joe will keep you straight!
  13. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks so much guys. I appreciate your support and comments. Iv'e got to do something about my photography. It just seems like everytime I take a step forward, it seems like 2 steps back. The pictures don't look like this. Not on my screen at least. Then I put them up on the puter and..........well, you can see for yourself.

Paulo, perhaps the thread where I put this figure together is located here. Take a look through there and if you still have questions, let me know. I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Stefano, the figure is by Pegaso and is located here. It's a wonderful figure full of character.

Ray, of course there room in my bag for you and Stephen. Joe, David and I have a plan. At least Joe says he does. He say there's this vedor who buys figures for top dollar! :lol: :lol: Seriously, you and Stephen will be well representd ;)

Thanks again,
    Jim Patrick
  14. dave mosher Active Member

Jim:
    Another great figure!! When are you leaving L-ville for the Chicago show?

Regards

Dave
  15. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Jim,

thanks for the link. I missed your previous topic.

Still I would like to know two things:

metals? How where they painted?

and the groundwork. You talked about an article on groundwork if I understood you correctly. Any date on the horizon?

I don't know if you've already left for Chicago, but wish you all the best for the show.

Cheers,
    Paulo
  16. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Dave, the family and I will be leaving early Friday morning. Plann to be up there around noon. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Paulo, are you refering to the gold metals, the natural metals or the gold lace? I should begin working on the article soon after Chicago.

Jim Patrick
  17. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    What a great piece of work you got there Jim. I really like this little fellow a lot. You did great with the reds and flesh tones.
    I wish you all the best for the Chicago show.

Xenofon
  18. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Great paint work, I like specially the contrast in tones

regards,

Alex.
  19. robbyk9 Active Member

Hello Jim

First of all youre figure is marvellous painted. I am a big fan of yours and also from Joe Hudson and Blind Pew and Stephan Malia etc etc.
    The figures that you guys painting are so nicely done. It always amazing me how you guys do it.
    Jim are you painting also with acrylics. Did you also making sometimes
    dioramas.
    I saw that you like to paint figures from the Napoleonic period. I am very curious with you new project.
    Please keep going with painting because I learn alot from you guys.

See you later
    Greeting from Holland
    Dick Evegaars (robbyk9) ;)
  20. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Dick. I too learn a lot from all the names you mentioned and then some! :lol: Funny thing you mention diorama. Yes, I am going to work on one. I just have'nt decided which one yet. I want to make one of my own but that's later down the road. Rather ashmedly, I have to admit that I haven't painted anything since Chicago. I have been taking some rather good natured "ribbing" to get my butt in gear! Atlanta is just around the corner.

Thanks again,
    Jim Patrick