1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

502 PIR troopers, Bastogne '44

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pete_H, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Patrick Kirk New Member

Awesome Petey...
    I really like this vignette ;)
    I have had troubles with the micro balloons too and use this stuff called snowtex...no mixing required, and you can "muddy" it up nicely without making it a slurpee...
    Hope all is well my brother
    All the best

Patrick
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Pete, the figures came off very well. I really like the way you handled the knee patches. The snow looks convincing as well. Someone mentioned earlier about filling some of the voids on the base. I agree with that. I couldn't tell you what to add though. The guys look like they're in the Bois Jaques (sp?). Perhaps some fallen trees would be in order?
  3. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I want to see a frozen hand sticking straight up out of the ground. That throws a whole different light on the significance of the scene:)
  4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Pete,

I think this is some of your best work. (y) How about a discarded gas can?

Joe
  5. Pete_H New Member

Well, I finally got around to finishing this little display. I heeded all your advice and added something to the groundwork: a fallschirmjager helmet with a trail of blood heading off in the direction the troopers are looking at. I thought it would give a bit of a "story" to the piece. I was thinking of adding a discarded sniper rifle to the base, but I thought it would be too much.

All advice is welcome.

Attached Files:

6. Pete_H New Member

A close-up view .....

Attached Files:

7. Pete_H New Member

And another one.

Anybody know how I can post several pictures in one message?

Attached Files:

8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Getting ready for Chicago I see. It looks good man, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
  9. Pete_H New Member

John,
    Oooooooooooooo yeah, baby!!! You know me all too well, my friend ;) Actually, I've had 4 projects near completion sitting on "das workbench" this entire summer. I decided to spend this Holiday weekend taking care of them. A certain good friend of mine from "the Great White North" mentioned to me that there was far too much blood on the groundwork. Do you think so? It's only H&A "snow," so a little X-Acto action will take care of that. What do you think?

As for the other two projects, they are:
    1. the conversion of the M.R. Ltd. Ardennes bazooka paratrooper into S/Sgt. "Wild Bill" Guarnere E/506 PIR conversion: I've attached the arms, so I need to fill in the left shoulder and paint the gear (helmet & canteen). A little groundwork and it's done.
    2. ArtGirona's/LaTorre's advancing Confederate. After 3-hrs. of clean-up (the greatest pain-in-the-ass-to-deal-with in this kit), it's a good piece to paint. ONly have the arms, rifle, & haversack left to paint. Slap on some simple groundwork and it's done.

See you in 7 weeks, amigo!!! ;) (y)
  10. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Pete, if you post your pictures using Photobucket you can use HTML (IMG tag) to post as many pics in one post as you want.