1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

48th Scale German Officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

After Bill gave me a 1/48th scale mannequin the other day I decided to do something with it. What I am doing is using the leftover putty I have from my real projects on this little guy. It is the first time that I am trying something this small, so far I am enjoying it tremendously! Here are some pictures of the finished left leg. The back side is a little chumpy, but that can be easily fixed with an X-Acto blade.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Manfred Active Member

This looks very sharp so far.

Dabbling with 1/48 too at the moment I know how tight it sometimes gets.

Do you use any vision aids/magnification ? I have to.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Anders, so far so good, looking forward to your next step.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks, its just a fun project, but didnt realize how much fun it would be! I am not using any visual aids, I cant see thru a opti visor clearly enough to use when sculpting for long periods of time, I wish they would make a lens with out the little divider in the middle!
  5. mahross New Member

Anders - Looking nice at the moment. There certainly is a market for 1/48 figures especially with Tamiya's recent foray into the scale.

Ross