1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras, June 1815

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Ski, Feb 21, 2022.

1. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Magical and inspiring stuff, Steve, so good............

Mike
    Nap likes this.
  2. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Outstanding work Steve, this will be a stunning display when they all come together.
    I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again.. I can't believe this is in 54mm :eek:. I struggle to get this level of detail and precicion in 75 and even larger scales. You certainly inspire to try harder.
    Nap likes this.
  3. NigelR A Fixture

I've been following this along and have been blown away by what you've achieved so far. I was tempted to get a bunch of these figures but the tartan just put me off. You have made an amazing job of the uniforms, really looking forward to how it all comes together.
    Nap likes this.
  4. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks, Mike!

Thanks, Henk. Going back to these little buggers has been a chore, leme tell yuz;)

Thank you, Nigel. Yes, the "Battle of the Tartans" has been fearse, to say the least. One can become bugger-eyed in short order, HA! It's still a fun set so far,...............:eek::oops::D
    Nap likes this.
  5. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Sargent Lancer

Sgt Lancer is finally done, but it took a bit longer than expected due to other than bunker issues, i.e., outside work. Ok, no worries, we Ruck On. I really love how this resin used has made so many problems with scratch and slag just easily disappear. The rework is quite nice from a flexibility stand point, and the time involved is very short. Fix it, get er done. This really is fast becoming the best set I have ever worked. And let’s just say this, working colors in the arena has been a challenge, but a fun run, to say the least. And no, I won’t be making a habit of it any time soon, HA!

[IMG]

Please disregard the resin visible on his boot, it got rubbed off, even after a dull coat and several days drying time. Why does it always happen during the photo sessions? Who knows, but it does, HA! T’sall good, it’ll get taken care of in short order.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

As you can see, nothing has changed in the process, nor has there been any major issues to deal with, so Sgt Lancer will be set aside with the other four to await the 42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch"unit reunion. Did I mention I’m still having fun with each and every figure so far? Well, I am, and I really can’t wait to tackle that drum that Drummer boy has hanging from his waist,…………..Sheesh, really, ya gotta be kiddin me, right? Ah, I dream of olive drab in my sleep,…………..

Ruck On. Thanks for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

P.S. I see issues with the flesh tones on the knees, correct me if I'm wrong, plz:)
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Smooth out the tones on the calf muscle and that ought to fix it. Yeah man, OD is one of my favorite colors.

Hang in there Ski, you're doing fine! (y)

Joe
  7. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Yep, we're on the same page there, Joe, I agree. For some reason that was giving me a hard time, one of those thorns that would come out, lol. Thanks, Amigo!
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see this projecting still moving along Ski, another fine looking figure to add to the scene.
    Cheers
    Steve
  9. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent work..
  10. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hey Stevo, thanks Bro! Working it til the end!

Warren, thanks, Brother, greatly appreciated.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Steve

Great to see a cracking update , I have gone back over the whole thread and enjoyed every single update , this Sgt being no exception, you mention tartan ......your nailing this , neat and level lining ...great ruckin'

You say your having fun .....well so are we ....bring on that drummer

Keep the updates coming ( outside work allowing )

Happy benchtime

Nap
  12. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks, Kev, I'm late on the reply.

Been takin down the weeds, etc, bunker time soon;)
    Nap likes this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England

I forgive you Ski , hope weedings going well ........you could put false lawn down and then get in that bunker ...just suggesting Mrs Ski ...lol

Nap
  14. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Well,..........................that's a lot of turf to replace, but since you're volunteering to help, I'll make lunch, HA! Common, Bro, it'll go fast;) It's a necessary evil during fire season. I'll be back in bunker today working one of the riflemen. It's an addiction, you know.
    Nap likes this.
  15. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent progress Steve.
    Each of your figures is a 'gem' in its own right.
    Together, they're going to look fantastic.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Nap likes this.
  16. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks, Andrew! I'm itching to get to the base work, tartans are a bit long in the tooth bt now, lol.
  17. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    First Rifleman

The line-up is getting larger as time progresses. I’ve been behind the power curve lately, but things will pick up shortly. There are three more Highlanders to paint and two French troops left in the line-up, then the base work.

Here he is for your comments. Nothing in the process has changed from above, so we Ruck On, Bby!

Looks like these guys are getting anxious!

[IMG]

The blood splatter and weathering will be taken care of later.

[IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thanks for watching, more to follow ASAP. Cheers, Ski.
  18. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Damn. A lot of very nice painting. Will be fantastic all put together. Well done.

Steve
    Nap likes this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England

Just going to agree , the latest looks nice , nice character , all are looking good together

Happy benchtime

Nap
  20. NigelR A Fixture

Beautiful work, they look really good and the finished diorama will be very impressive. Keep going!
    Nap likes this.